Any experiences with a HP OfficeJet G55 an~
Fra : Jesper Haaber Gyllin~

Dato : 12-11-01 10:16

I've just tried this and it seems like the iMac looses contact with the
JetDirect box even though it has a fixed IP.

The iMac uses Mac OS 9.21 US and the Mac driver from HP is version 2.43

--
Ciao Jesper )

http://www.gylling.net/

Fra : David Sankey

Dato : 12-11-01 11:54

In article <1f2r8aj.301lvd1qtnk8wN%jesper@gylling.net>, Jesper Haaber
Gylling <jesper@gylling.net> wrote:

>I've just tried this and it seems like the iMac looses contact with the
>JetDirect box even though it has a fixed IP.
>
>The iMac uses Mac OS 9.21 US and the Mac driver from HP is version 2.43

My recollection was that HP claim that you need a JetDirect 300X, not a
175X, for the Mac stuff to work? Has this changed?

Dave

Fra : Jesper Haaber Gyllin~

Dato : 12-11-01 15:07

David Sankey <D.P.C.Sankey@rl.ac.uk> wrote:

> In article <1f2r8aj.301lvd1qtnk8wN%jesper@gylling.net>, Jesper Haaber
> Gylling <jesper@gylling.net> wrote:
>
> >I've just tried this and it seems like the iMac looses contact with the
> >JetDirect box even though it has a fixed IP.
> >
> >The iMac uses Mac OS 9.21 US and the Mac driver from HP is version 2.43
>
> My recollection was that HP claim that you need a JetDirect 300X, not a
> 175X, for the Mac stuff to work? Has this changed?
>
> Dave

This is strange because HP Denmark has recommended this solution and
I've had the exact same devices at my office for a complete test before
I recommended it to my client.

However HP say that if there is a Danish OS on the Macs it won't work !!
That's not a problem because I have installed a US system on the iMac.

--
Ciao Jesper )

http://www.gylling.net/

Fra : David Sankey

Dato : 12-11-01 16:14

In article <1f2rlsu.p88xdm1dku2pdN%jesper@gylling.net>, Jesper Haaber
Gylling <jesper@gylling.net> wrote:

>David Sankey <D.P.C.Sankey@rl.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> My recollection was that HP claim that you need a JetDirect 300X, not a
>> 175X, for the Mac stuff to work? Has this changed?
>
>This is strange because HP Denmark has recommended this solution and
>I've had the exact same devices at my office for a complete test before
>I recommended it to my client.

Weird. When I looked into this there were a number of places where HP
said that the 175X didn't work with Macs and indeed in
<http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/get_doc.pl?SNI=hpofficeje22050&LC=
printers&Tfile=bpm30011#P57_5278> they still say:

>NOTE: The HP Jetdirect 170X print server that ships with the G95 is not
>supported and will not function correctly in a Macintosh environment.
>The HP Jetdirect 300X and 500x will work correctly with all the HP
>Officejet G series products.

However there are newer versions of the driver software. I too have
the 2.43 software but ordered the 2.5 CDs week before last (albeit they
have yet to arrive).

Dave

Fra : Jesper Haaber Gyllin~

Dato : 12-11-01 15:58

David Sankey <D.P.C.Sankey@rl.ac.uk> wrote:

> In article <1f2r8aj.301lvd1qtnk8wN%jesper@gylling.net>, Jesper Haaber
> Gylling <jesper@gylling.net> wrote:
>
> >I've just tried this and it seems like the iMac looses contact with the
> >JetDirect box even though it has a fixed IP.
> >
> >The iMac uses Mac OS 9.21 US and the Mac driver from HP is version 2.43
>
> My recollection was that HP claim that you need a JetDirect 300X, not a
> 175X, for the Mac stuff to work? Has this changed?
>
> Dave

This is really interesting stuff - it's an exact description of what
happend at my clients home.

The Fujitsu/Siemens laptop crashed and all e-mails and other important
folder dissapeared.

http://www.epinions.com/content_6897241732

--
Ciao Jesper )