Walking in Paris
Fra : Eddy le Couvreur

Dato : 27-12-00 23:31

For long distance walkers the words Grand Randonnee is a household name.
These are signposted long distance walking tracks in the French countryside,
but also far beyond. Less known is the fact that there is also a city
version of the long distance walking track, in Paris. In Paris there are
one from West to East (19km/12mi) and one from North to South (20km/12.5mi).

We first discovered these walks in 1997 and on consecutive (short) visits to
Paris we do a stretch of the walks. It is easy to do the walks bit by bit as
they pass various metro stations along the way. The route follows mainly
characteristic streets and paths and tries to show the typical spots of each
area and neighbourhood. For us the Traversees are a good way for getting the
know the unknown Paris and to get a better impression of those areas you
otherwise would go to.

On my homepage you can find a description of the walks, along with photos we
took along the way.

Eddy
homepage: http://www.xs4all.nl/~couvreur/engl/travel/