Matt 22 v 36-40
Fra : Erik

Dato : 23-09-01 19:36

Counsel Given To Physicians:

Let no man, because he is a physician, feel at liberty to do those things
which God has Forbidden. He should not travel on the Sabbath unless this is
a necessity in order to relieve suffering humanity. He should plan his work
so as to obey God's requirements. The Lord says, "Verily, my Sabbaths ye
shall keep; for it is a sign between me and you throughout your
generations." Exodus 31:13. When there is real suffering to be alleviated,
it is not a desecration of the Sabbath for physicians to travel upon it: but
unimportant cases should be deferred. God sanctified and blessed the seventh
day, and it is to be kept as His sacred memorial.

God created the world in six days, and rested upon the seventh. Therefore,
he declares, "the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath throughout their
generations, for a perpetual covenant." Exodus 31:16. Those who keep God's
commandments may claim the promises contained in Isaiah 58:11-14.

The instruction given in this chapter is full and decided. Those who refrain
from labor on the Sabbath may claim divine divine comfort and consolation.
Shall we not believe God? Shall we not call holy the day which He calls
holy? Men should not be ashamed to acknowledge as sacred that which God
calls sacred. He should not be ashamed to do that which God has commanded.
Obedience will bring him knowledge of what constitutes true sanctification.

Let there be no robber of God in tithes and offerings, no desecration of
God's holy time. Man is not to do his own pleasure on God's day. He has six
days in which to work at secular business, and God claims the seventh as His
own. "In it," He says, "thou shalt not do any work." Exodus 20:10. The
servant of God will call sacred that which the Lord calls sacred. Thus he
will show that he has chosen the Lord as his leader. The Sabbath was mad for
man in Eden when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God
shouted for joy. God has placed it in our charge. Let us keep it pure and
holy. The Kress Collection, pp 60-61.

Post other quotes from the Spirit of Prophecy that deal with how we should
observe the Sabbath, or anything that is related to.

Lad os holde de ti bud, som ikke er ti bud, men mange bude.

Erik