Quention Tarantino
Fra : Sir Galahad

Dato : 14-09-01 19:19

Hej

Er der nogle der ved hvad han arbejder på?

Hlsen
Sg

Fra : Ulrik Jensen

Dato : 14-09-01 19:32

Hej !

> Er der nogle der ved hvad han arbejder på?

IMDb lister ham som instruktør/producer på en film kaldet "Kill Bill"
der skulle være klar i 2002........

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0266697

Det skulle være en film-noir ifølge IMDb, så det kan da kun blive
interessant, med Uma Thurman og Warren Beatty.......

--
Med venlig hilsen
Ulrik Jensen

Fra : Sir Galahad

Dato : 15-09-01 13:06

Jeg håber han beholder stilen fra Jackie Brown og Pulp Fiction,
altså med musikken tænker jeg på.

Fra : Kasper Bang

Dato : 17-09-01 11:16

Ulrik Jensen wrote:

> IMDb lister ham som instruktør/producer på en film kaldet "Kill Bill"
> der skulle være klar i 2002........

Her er en anmeldelse af manuskriptet fra Ain't it Cool-News.
Det lyder i sandhed godt!

MVH/Kasper

Harry exclusively reviews for your pleasure Quentin Tarantino's
Screenplay
to KILL BILL!!!
Alright, so it was the second day of the QT5 film festival and right
before
the lights lowered and the projector lit up to show a mint beautiful
print
of STAR TREK II: WRATH OF KHAN, Quentin drops by my corner chair.
I hand him the manuscript for my Book. He hands me a 222 page stack of
paper
that has this on top:
The 4th Film By
QUENTIN
TARANTINO

UMA
THURMAN
Is going to

KILL BILL

Written
&
Directed
By
Quentin Tarantino

Based on the Character
of "The Bride" , created by
Q&U
And that was all handwritten. If it had been any other film than STAR
TREK
II: WRATH OF KHAN, I would have hobbled my sickly carcass out to the
lobby
and started pouring through the pages of this 3 lbs of pulp paper.
Quentin smiles and says, "Let me know what you think. Gotta go!"
I reach to flip the first page, when the lights go out and my eyes see
nothing. I set the script back and watch as Captain Terrell and
Commander
Pavel Andreievich Chekov see if the life readings are something they can
transplant on Seti Alpha 4. As soon as Khan Noonien Singh appears on
screen
though. All thoughts of sitting in a stall in the Drafthouse Bathroom
reading KILL BILL. Well, its Khan. I know what is good in life.
As soon as the camera finds Spock's photon torpedo tube which soft
landed on
the brave new world of Dr Carol Marcus' extraordinary cooking skills and
the
end titles began.
The lights came up.
My arms leap out before me, the first page is turned and I see a TABLE
OF
CONTENTS. there's a PROLOGUE followed by 10 chapters, each individually
titled:
1. "2"
2. THE COMATOSE BRIDE
3. THE MAN FROM OKINAWA
4. SHOWDOWN AT HOUSE OF BLUE LEAVES
5. YUKI'S REVENGE
6. "CAN SHE BAKE A CHERRY PIE."
7. THE LONELY GRAVE OF PAULA SCHULTZ
8. THE CRUEL TUTELAGE OF PAI MEI
9. ELLE AND I
10. THE BLOOD-SPLATTERED BRIDE.
I think. Chapter Titles? I thumb the 222 pages and think. It's a book.
I flip the page and scream. "HOLY SHIT!" then quickly wrap both hands
around
my mouth and look both ways.2 fellow geeks come running over to see what
provoked this autonomic response from me. The script is now in my lap,
and I
'm trying to look as innocent as my cherub cheeks could allow.
They ask, "What's wrong?"
I respond, "Really bad back spasm." and they leave taking pity on me.
The
ends of my mouth twisting up as I look back down at the page.
KILL BILL starts with a quote from STAR TREK II: WRATH OF KHAN. Not for
all
the money in the world will I spoil the quote, but dear god. Having just
watched the film. For the first words in quotes to be read to have come
from
the film I just celebrated in a room full of geeks. That evil damn
Quentin.
He calculated exactly to the moment when he wanted my hands to touch
that
script. I read on... I get to page five and read:
The BRIDE (VO)
Looked dead, didn't I? Well I
wasn't, but it wasn't for lack of
trying, I can tell you that.
Actually Bill's Last bullet put
me in a coma. A coma I was to
lie in for five years.
When I woke up,...I went on what
the movie advertisements refer to
as a Roaring Rampage of Revenge.
I roared and I rampaged and I got
bloody satisfaction. In all, I've
killed 33 people to get to this
point right now.
I have only one more.
The last one.
The one I'm driving to right now.
The only one left.
And when I arrive at my
destination....
....I'm gonna Kill Bill.
TITLE SEQUENCE
This is gonna rule.
I managed to read 36 pages that night in-between the various films, but
when
I left the theater at 9am Sunday morning, I went home and collapsed into
the
sleep of ages. The script laying on my desk. next to my computer. And I
was
exhausted.
It was two days till I had the time to sit down and just devour the
script
in a sitting. I settled down into the living room of Geek Headquarters
putting VH1 CLASSICS on the TV which happened to be doing a retrospect
of 50
's and 60's Rock-N-Roll. I-Deal music to read this script to.
When Quentin had told me on the phone that this script was 30 years of
Grindhouse films squeezed into a Duck Press, I didn't know what to
think. I
suppose I thought that we'd have Pimps and Zombies and Graphic Death and
Sex
and Women in Cages and Kung Fu and Animal Vs Animal Pit Matches and all
with
an Ennio Morricone / Goblin jam piece score with title song by Isaac
Hayes.
I'm not really sure if that was exactly what I wanted from Quentin
though.
While many of the Tarantino fans felt that JACKIE BROWN was a massive
misstep for him, I really dug the film. Sure it wasn't as purely fun as
PULP
FICTION, nor was it as deliciously evil as RESERVOIR DOGS. But it was a
far
more mature work across the board.
If Quentin choose a film to make which would have him regress. I was
going
to be disappointed. I didn't want to see a retread of his previous work.
didn't want him to lose the maturity that I felt he gained with JACKIE
BROWN. I wanted to see the Maturity married to the unbridled joy of
cinema
that PULP FICTION gave us, with a mistress of RESERVOIR's don't you dare
look away vitality.
Instead, what I got was KILL BILL, which was far beyond anything I was
expecting from him. KILL BILL is unapologetically EXPLOITATION! This
film is
indeed 30 years of Grindhouse Filmmaking in a Duck Press, but. BUT the
genius of the script is that Quentin doesn't give us cardboard cutout
characters that often populated the world of the Exploitation films. He
doesn't write peppered characters of black and white tones. What he has
done
is create a universe where the rules of the exploitation film are every
bit
the natural order of things, but the people in this world are human
beings.
Human beings trapped in the situations that only happen to you in
Exploitation films. These characters have all the superhuman powers that
Grindhouse characters have, but they wake up scarred, bruised and hurt
by
what they have been through.
What happens to the "Bride" in the first few pages of the script. Well,
ya
know how THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES watched his entire family be murdered by
bunch of Kansas Red Legs? His home burnt to the ground? His face scarred
by
the butcher of it all? Then he watches as his entire unit of freedom
fighters turn themselves in only to be machine gunned to death before
his
very eyes? Well, that ain't nothing.
What "The Bride" goes through. Well, it is the sort of thing that you
never
fully recover from. You never forgive. And for all time, a piece of you
will
always be missing.
The rumors going around was that Bill was a pimp and that "The Bride"
was
his top whore. This is way wrong!
"The Bride" was once a part of a band of the top female assassins in the
world working for the world's greatest assassin. BILL. Now "The Bride"
was
the top assassin. They fucked her over real bad. REAL BAD, and now she
is
going to hunt down every last one of them and exact bloody satisfaction
on
each of them.
You'll meet O-Ren Ishii as Cottonmouth, Vernita Green as Cobra, Budd as
Sidewinder, Elle Driver as California Mountain Snake and BILL. Oh sure,
there's a ton of other people you'll meet. There's the Crazy
Eighty-Eights,
Mr Barrel, Pai Mei, Hattori Hanzo and. well, there's so much more.
What this film has that you've never seen in a Quentin Tarantino film is
that thing they always talk about around a table, or between two
characters.
That scene he shows you the beginning of, the end of and always tells
you
about later. Well this time. This time he's going to show you those
scenes
of legend. That stuff that makes you sit up and scream, FUCKING A!
You know how PULP FICTION was non-linear for no particular reason other
than
to be a stylistic bit of cool? Well Quentin's structure here is
breathless.
By using the CHAPTER format, Quentin will sometimes build a chapter
leaving
something unfinished, begin the next chapter years before perhaps, but
it
always comes together to provide us the audience with the information
that
we need to understand how the character can move forward today. in the
linear part of the story. This isn't handled as FLASHBACKS. these are
merely
the beginnings of new chapters. and it works fantastically.
This script is hardcore action and cool. And it is original as hell. In
the
past two years at the last two QT fests here in Austin, I've seen a
great
deal of the films that Quentin has taken inspiration from. Scenes have
not
been lifted. Characters have not been lifted. Themes, subtle elements
taken
for inspiration and taken further than we've ever seen.
This is Quentin Tarantino's THEY CALL ME ONE EYE by way of ROLLING
THUNDER
by way of FISTS OF FURY by way of WRATH OF KHAN by way of DAY OF ANGER
by
way of THE BEYOND by way of a hundred other exploitation films. However,
what he did with that duck press brain of his was squeeze and squeeze
and
squeeze til he had the essence, that bowl filled with the juicy tasty
fats
of the Grindhouse Genre. and then he used all that sauce to sauté with
his
own special herbs and spices a film that will taste like the greatest
damn
exploitation film ever.
Remember when George Lucas and Steven Spielberg took the Serials of old.
Put
them all in a blender, took a new story. mixed it all together and came
up
with RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. Sure it was derived from dozens and dozens
of
B-serials, but what RAIDERS did. Well it did better than anyone had seen
before.. Or since.
THAT is exactly what KILL BILL is meant to be to the exploitation genre.
This script reads like COOL CUBED. The kung fu and samurai action
doesn't
read like MATRIX-fu. This isn't pick ya up on wires while 99 cameras
shoot
you from all around. The kung fu that Quentin describes is Bruce Lee in
the
Japanese School meets Sonny Chiba's Streetfighter visceral cartilage
pops
meets Jackie Chan's SNAKEFIST IN EAGLE SHADOW meets LIGHTNING SWORDS OF
DEATH!
How do I know?
Well the reason this script is 222 pages long is that he describes every
nuance of the battles. Hell. When "The Bride" takes on the Crazy
Eighty-Eights while O-Ren Ishii, Mr. Barrel, Yuki Yubari and Go Go
Yubari
all watch. well it runs 22 pages and by the time you get to the end. You
are
left dazed. wondering if Quentin Tarantino has the capacity to peel that
action off the page and onto the screen in a fashion that will make you
look
at FIST OF LEGEND and go. Hhahahahahaha. As written, it is there.
Depends
who he has as his fight choreographer and how he frames the shots. but
the
concepts and action that he has in his head on this page. breathtaking.
It's brutal and punishing. She fights not only with astonishing skill,
but
through single-minded determination. This fight. The chapter titled -
"Showdown At House Of Blue Leaves" - might very well end up being a
thing of
legend if he nails it.
The film takes place from China to Hong Kong to Los Angeles to Austin to
Mexico. There are moments that feel as terrifyingly brutal as the
toughest
moments of FULCI. And the thing that will just kill you is that you like
these characters.
The 'Bad Guys and Gals'. They're cool. You like them. The Bride liked
them.
All of this. All of these fights are brutal because noone is played like
comic book character. Everyone had motivations and reasons. And everyone
wants to live. And they are all trained to be the biggest badasses that
have
ever walked the Earth.
Surprises, by the bushel. He plays with all the toys of cinema here.
This is
a film geeks wet dream. When you see how he handles his Cantonese
scenes.
When you visit the Lonely Grave of Paula Schultz. When you experience
the
cruel tutelage of Pai Mei. My friends, if he nails this. If he makes
this
script come to life with the energy that it was written with. Then by
God.
You'll be screaming and cheering in the theater the whole time.
Come the turn of the year. we should begin to see the casting come
together,
as spring begins training and the summer brings cameras rolling. The
script
is as quotable as anything he's ever written. there are moments of fancy
and
heartache. moments of elation and depression. and there is a great deal
of
retribution, for revenge has never been served like this.

Fra : Sir Galahad

Dato : 19-09-01 21:30

Det lyder for godt til at være sandt. Der er brugt store ord - "Astonishing"
og
"breathtaking".... men det er sikkert noget han bliver omtalt for igen,
ligesom
Pulp Fiction blev omtalt. gad vide hvad der menes med This

Fra : David Schjelde

Dato : 20-09-01 09:33

"Sir Galahad" <hqliebe@homeliebe.com> wrote in message
> Hej
>
> Er der nogle der ved hvad han arbejder på?

Jeg har hørt at han skulle arbejde på Hydrotanken ude på Vasbygade.....

Mvh
David
NB: Jeg har så meget arbejde jeg skal have lavet, så min hjerne er gået
fuldstændig i selvsving.