Now this is how real science is done.
Fra : KaZ

Dato : 21-05-10 08:06

http://www.creationists.org/ronald-j-ervin-medical-illustrator.html

Ron was once commissioned with another artist, a medical doctor to produce a
huge number of illustrations for a major college biology textbook - Raven
and Johnson's Biology. The drawings included one of "Lucy" (the creature
which some evolutionists believe was a pre-human ancestor). "I was given the
task of re-creating the anatomy and structures of so-called "prehistoric"
animals, mammals and humans. I didn't really know whether to make it this
way or that way, because there was nothing concrete to go by", Ron recalled.

In one chapter of that biology book, Ron's drawings were used to
supposedly picture the evolution of man and animals. "I was told to make
the illustrations either more or less human or modern - whatever the subject
was. I was pleased as an artist to have the freedom to create a drawing no
one could question, because they didn't know for sure themselves what the
creature looked like. But I was uncomfortable as a Christian to be told that
they wanted more "ape-like" or more "human-like" qualities." Ron said that
with any illustration of 'normal' anatomy, he can turn it, twist it, and
picture it in

any position while keeping it anatomically correct. But generating a drawing
of a chimp-like Australopithecus fossil (like the famous "Lucy"), for
instance, was different.

"With this Australopithecus I was told to re-create something that was a big
"maybe", and then make it look believable." He originally drew this
Australopithecus as too human-like for the book's authors. "I was told to
make he more ape-like, or more "transitional" in appearance", he said. "I
had been given a cast of a skull, and I was shown some drawings the artists
had done of "Lucy", and was asked to improve on these to make them look more
transitional. I had to make some things up, while keeping the anatomical
bones intact, like the temple bone and other features which are standard.

Fra : Jørgen Farum Jensen

Dato : 21-05-10 19:41

KaZ skrev:
> http://www.creationists.org/ronald-j-ervin-medical-illustrator.html

<snip> En lang historie om en kunstner, der
skulle lave en tegning af hvordan en af
menneskeracens forfædre muligvis har set
ud</snip>

Du fremturer med at påstå at illustratorer,
tegnere og kunstnere bedriver videnskab, når
de tegner dette eller hint.

Du falder i kort-fælden: Hvis du kan
læse et landkort, tror du har fuldstændig
overblik over terrænnet. En kort spadseretur
vil afsløre, at det har du aldeles ikke.

En afbilding af Verden i naturlig størrelse
vil ligne Verden til forveksling. Et maleri af
en pibe er ikke en pibe. En modeljernbane
er ikke en jernbane. Et billede af Jesus
er ikke Jesus. Det må du da kunne forstå?

Historien er da sød - tegneren ville nok
også have kvababbelser med at tegne en
nymåne - alle ved jo at månen er rund.

Hvordan forholder du dig til loftet i det
Sixtinske kapel? Er det malet efter Michelangelos
fantasi, eller har Paven været indover med
forslag?

--
Jørgen Farum Jensen
http://webdesign101.dk