DVD
Fra : Lydpro

Dato : 29-07-01 14:38

Hi everybody,

Does anybody know how to rest the DVD regions in your mac so that
you change regions more than 4 times.
My daughter watches films from DK whilst my sister sends me some from
the states.
The problem arises after you´ve changed 4 times your stuck with the last
region code.
I apologise for writing in english but my danish is certainly not good
enough for the written word.
If anybody can help I would be very grateful, so would my daughter.
jon
Ps You can reply in Danish.

Fra : Jonas

Dato : 29-07-01 15:22

Lydpro <jon@lydpro.dk> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Does anybody know how to rest the DVD regions in your mac so that
> you change regions more than 4 times.
> My daughter watches films from DK whilst my sister sends me some from
> the states.
> The problem arises after you´ve changed 4 times your stuck with the last
> region code.
> I apologise for writing in english but my danish is certainly not good
> enough for the written word.
> If anybody can help I would be very grateful, so would my daughter.
> jon
> Ps You can reply in Danish.

Besøg denne side <http://www.opuscc.com/download/>, og download det
patch der passer til dit dvd-drev. Hvis du ikke hved hvilket drev der
sidder i din mac, så kan du få det at vide ved at åbne "Apple System
Profile" der ligger i æblemenuen.

HTH.

--
Jonas [CPH, DK] |
Erase harddrive to reply | Mental backup in progress

Fra : Lydpro

Dato : 30-07-01 09:29

Thanks Jonas. I am going to assume that you have tried this yourself?
Ay success or have youn damaged your drive?
jon

Fra : Jonas

Dato : 30-07-01 09:37

Lydpro <jon@lydpro.dk> wrote:

> Thanks Jonas. I am going to assume that you have tried this yourself? Ay
> success or have youn damaged your drive?

I have only used the resetter so far, works flawless. Haven't got the
guts [or the money] to try the firmware patch, although people from this
group has tried it with success.

Jon, for future reference, it is preferred that you don't post messages
on usenet in HTML, please stick with plain text messages.

--
Jonas [CPH, DK] | Mental backup in progress

Fra : Ben Knudsen

Dato : 30-07-01 09:43

jon@lydpro.dk,Ny-Internet writes:
>Thanks Jonas. I am going to assume that you have tried this yourself?
>Ay success or have youn damaged your drive?

I patched the firmware in my powerbook a year ago. Works like a charm....

Regards,
Ben

Fra : Lydpro

Dato : 30-07-01 10:44

What powerbook have you got, Ben. Mine is a pismo.
Thanks for all your assistance upto konw.
jon

Fra : Lydpro

Dato : 30-07-01 10:45

PS Maybe I should learn to type as fast as my brain works or
slow my hans down when I´m typing.. spelling mistkaes.

Fra : Ben Knudsen

Dato : 30-07-01 11:47

jon@lydpro.dk,Ny-Internet writes:
>What powerbook have you got, Ben. Mine is a pismo.
>Thanks for all your assistance upto konw.

Mine is a pismo too. But the important thing here is what dvd-drive is
fitted. In my pismo its a Matshita SR-8174, which is easy to patch. I have
no experience with other drives...

/Ben