<no subject>
Fra : fant

Dato : 23-07-01 12:53

Jeg har nu i et stykke tid prøvet at finde ud hvad en speciel sang med REM
hedder. Det eneste jeg har af sangen er noget med calling jamaica eller call in
jamaica. Nogen der kan hjælpe?

--
Get your firstname@lastname email for FREE at http://Nameplanet.com/?su

--
Posted from mail@mx2.nameplanet.com [62.70.3.32]

Fra : Robert Eriksen

Dato : 23-07-01 14:34

fant wrote:

> Jeg har nu i et stykke tid prøvet at finde ud hvad en speciel sang med REM
> hedder. Det eneste jeg har af sangen er noget med calling jamaica eller call in
> jamaica. Nogen der kan hjælpe?

Er det monstro The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight du tænker på?
Der er omkvædet en hel del gentagelser af "Call me when you try to wake her up." og
det er mildt sagt ikke særlig tydeligt at høre det er det der bliver sunget, når
det sker på 1½ sekund.
Hele teksten kan findes på
http://www.davemcnally.com/lyrics/REM/THESIDEWINDERSLEEPSTONIGHT.asp

Fra : kautaq

Dato : 26-07-01 21:05

fant wrote:

> Jeg har nu i et stykke tid prøvet at finde ud hvad en speciel sang med REM
> hedder. Det eneste jeg har af sangen er noget med calling jamaica eller call in
> jamaica. Nogen der kan hjælpe?

Ja da.
Men de synger ikke Call in Jamaica

* * * * * * * * * *

REM: The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight

This here is the place where I will stay in
There isn't a number, you can call the pay phone
Let it ring a long long long long time
If I don't pick up, hang up, call back, let it ring some more,
If I don't pick up, pick up, the sidewinder sleeps, sleeps, sleeps in a
coil

Call when you try to wake her up, call when you try to wake her
Call when you try to wake her up, call when you try to wake her
Call when you try to wake her up, call when you try to wake her

There are scratches all around the coin slot
Like a heart beat baby trying to wake up
But this machine can only swallow money
You can't lay a patch by computer design
With just a lot of stupid, stupid signs

Tell her
Tell her she can kiss my ass and laugh and say that you were only kidding
That way she'll know that it was really, really, really, really me me

Call when you try to wake her up, call when you try to wake her
Call when you try to wake her up, call when you try to wake her
Call when you try to wake her up, call when you try to wake her

Baby, instant soup doesn't really grab me
Today I need something more substa, sub, sub, substantial
A can of beans or black eyed peas, some Nescafe and ice
Candy bar, a fallen star, or a reading from Doctor Seuss

Call when you try to wake her up, call when you try to wake her
Call when you try to wake her up, call when you try to wake her
Call when you try to wake her up, call when you try to wake her

The cat in the hat came back, wrecked a lot of havoc on the way
Always had a smile, never reason to pretend,
Their world has flat backgrounds and little need to sleep but to dream
The sidewinder sleeps on his back

Call when you try to wake her up, call when you try to wake her
Call when you try to wake her up, call when you try to wake her
I can always sleep standing up, call when you try to wake her

Call when you try to wake her up, call when you try to wake her
Call when you try to wake her up, call when you try to wake her
I can always sleep standing up, call when you try to wake her

Call when you try to wake her up, call when you try to wake her
I can always sleep standing up, call when you try to wake her
I can always sleep standing up, call when you try to wake her

You got a boogie woogie groove on this one

--
Mike http://home2.inet.tele.dk/kautaq