iCal & Leopard Server
Fra : Per Rønne

Dato : 08-03-08 22:06

I am using iCal with Leopard and Leopard Server and I have had problems
with getting contact with the Server.

These problems have now been solved but the old iCal account to the
Server continues to come back even though I remove it every time I
launch iCal. That is, the account that dosn't work.

I'm using it together with a .mac account so perhaps there's something
wrong there.

I'm using it with three Macs and a Treo 650 which will later be replaced
with an iPhone. And of course, there's no problems with the Treo as it
doesn't synchronize through .mac but only through The Missing Sync.

How can I get rid of the wrong account?

--
Per Erik Rønne
http://www.RQNNE.dk

Fra : Simon Slavin

Dato : 11-03-08 23:16

On 08/03/2008, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Per_R=F8nne?= wrote in message
<1idi0do.1tgfqlazo96rcN%per@RQNNE.invalid>:

> I am using iCal with Leopard and Leopard Server and I have had problems
> with getting contact with the Server.
>
> These problems have now been solved but the old iCal account to the
> Server continues to come back even though I remove it every time I
> launch iCal. That is, the account that dosn't work.

So your problem has nothing to do with Leopard Server.

> I'm using it together with a .mac account so perhaps there's something
> wrong there.

If you remove the account on your Mac, then quit iCal, then immediately
restart iCal, does the account reappear ? In other words, is it the
synchronisation that's causing the problem ?

> I'm using it with three Macs and a Treo 650 which will later be replaced
> with an iPhone. And of course, there's no problems with the Treo as it
> doesn't synchronize through .mac but only through The Missing Sync.

How do you know that it isn't Missing Sync that's causing the problem, by
recreating the account each time you delete it ? Unless, of course,
Missing Sync changes files only on the Treo and never changes files on
your Mac.

> How can I get rid of the wrong account?

Work out what operation keeps restoring it.

Simon.
--
http://www.hearsay.demon.co.uk

Fra : Per Rønne

Dato : 12-03-08 05:40

Simon Slavin <slavins.delete.these.four.words@hearsay.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 08/03/2008, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Per_R=F8nne?= wrote in message
> <1idi0do.1tgfqlazo96rcN%per@RQNNE.invalid>:
>
> > I am using iCal with Leopard and Leopard Server and I have had problems
> > with getting contact with the Server.
> >
> > These problems have now been solved but the old iCal account to the
> > Server continues to come back even though I remove it every time I
> > launch iCal. That is, the account that dosn't work.
>
> So your problem has nothing to do with Leopard Server.
>
> > I'm using it together with a .mac account so perhaps there's something
> > wrong there.
>
> If you remove the account on your Mac, then quit iCal, then immediately
> restart iCal, does the account reappear ?

Yes.

> In other words, is it the synchronisation that's causing the problem ?

Somehow, yes. The problem can be seen on all iCal.

> > I'm using it with three Macs and a Treo 650 which will later be replaced
> > with an iPhone. And of course, there's no problems with the Treo as it
> > doesn't synchronize through .mac but only through The Missing Sync.
>
> How do you know that it isn't Missing Sync that's causing the problem, by
> recreating the account each time you delete it ? Unless, of course,
> Missing Sync changes files only on the Treo and never changes files on
> your Mac.

1. Missing Sync doesn't sync with the Leopard Server's iCal Server - it
simply can't.

2. The account reappears even without having synchronized with the Treo.

> > How can I get rid of the wrong account?
>
> Work out what operation keeps restoring it.

A probable cause would be the dot-mac synchronization. But even when
this synchronization is disabled, the account reappears. The URL to the
account on the Leopard Server is:

<http://server.rqnne.dk:8008/principals/__uids__/1984A391-BDDD-4A02-B595
-1F6944364B77/>

- but the catalog doesn't exist on the Leopard Server.

Even if I delete all contents in ~/Library/Calendars the files will
reappear, including the Cache file with:

MacMini1FFD14A0-5C9A-4D78-A2C7-76B0727EBAA3Per Erik
R√∏nneperhttp://server.rqnne.dk:8008/principals/__uids__/1984A391-BDDD-4
A02-B595-1F6944364B77/#808080FFÃ…\3""""""""""""""""""""""""")"U"""

- the Server Account that should be deleted. In a situation where the
dot-mac account connection has been disabled.

--
Per Erik Rønne
http://www.RQNNE.dk