DNA test, mormoner var vikinger fra Island
Fra : struer

Dato : 25-09-07 04:42

http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon440.htm#Part%201

DNA test, mormoner var vikinger fra Island

Part 1

LA Times Story: http://ktla.trb.com/news/la-me-mormon16feb16,0,680332.story?coll=ktla-news-1

Per administration, we are not supposed to copy/paste large amounts of
texts to save server space. I will copy/paste the first few
paragraphs...

"For Mormons, the lack of discernible Hebrew blood in Native Americans
is no minor collision between faith and science. It burrows into the
historical foundations of the Book of Mormon, a 175-year-old
transcription that the church regards as literal and without error.

For those outside the faith, the depth of the church's dilemma can be
explained this way: Imagine if DNA evidence revealed that the Pilgrims
didn't sail from Europe to escape religious persecution but rather
were part of a migration from Iceland - and that U.S. history books
were wrong.

Critics want the church to admit its mistake and apologize to millions
of Native Americans it converted. Church leaders have shown no
inclination to do so. Indeed, they have dismissed as heresy any
suggestion that Native American genetics undermine the Mormon creed.

Yet at the same time, the church has subtly promoted a fresh
interpretation of the Book of Mormon intended to reconcile the DNA
findings with the scriptures. This analysis is radically at odds with
long-standing Mormon teachings."

Erik