bars with live music in aalborg
Fra : Oumer Teyeb

Dato : 08-02-07 13:50

Hi all,

A friend of mine and I would like to start playing (from March) once or
twice a week in some bars (acoustic covers of some english rock
songs/ballads). This is our first gig and as you can imagine, we are
pretty excited about it!

Could any one recommend bars where we can get a chance to play in
aalborg? or do you recommend us to just go to any bar that have live
music and propose to do an audition?

mvh
Oumer

Fra : Henrik Hansen

Dato : 08-02-07 15:20

Oumer Teyeb <ouuuummmmerrrnot@komnot.aunotc.abcd> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> A friend of mine and I would like to start playing (from March) once
> or twice a week in some bars (acoustic covers of some english rock
> songs/ballads). This is our first gig and as you can imagine, we are
> pretty excited about it!
>
> Could any one recommend bars where we can get a chance to play in
> aalborg? or do you recommend us to just go to any bar that have live
> music and propose to do an audition?

here are some bars I know of which has live music:

Kaktussen
John Bull Pub
Irish House
Old Games Pub

I don't know what kind of audiotion policies thay have, so I suggest
you go and ask them :)

--
Henrik Hansen

Fra : ASKF

Dato : 09-02-07 22:09

Henrik Hansen ytrede sig i <87r6t0loip.fsf@fsck.dk> med dette:

>Oumer Teyeb <ouuuummmmerrrnot@komnot.aunotc.abcd> writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> A friend of mine and I would like to start playing (from March) once
>> or twice a week in some bars (acoustic covers of some english rock
>> songs/ballads). This is our first gig and as you can imagine, we are
>> pretty excited about it!
>>
>> Could any one recommend bars where we can get a chance to play in
>> aalborg? or do you recommend us to just go to any bar that have live
>> music and propose to do an audition?
>
>here are some bars I know of which has live music:
>
>Kaktussen
Pop-rock and blues(-rock)

>John Bull Pub
Irish/scottish folk, pop-rock and blues

>Irish House
Irish folk

>Old Games Pub
Irish/scottish folk, pop-rock and blues

Klostertorvet
Jazz, folk/vocal

I know there are a lot of minor places, that are pretty close to the
center, that does have a little stage, but I've never heard any live
music at them, but some might have jam-sessions or small amateur bands
playing.

>I don't know what kind of audiotion policies thay have, so I suggest
>you go and ask them :)

It's usually the best way
--
Allan Stig Kiilerich Frederiksen
"When you try to change a mans paradigm, you must keep in mind that he

Fra : Oumer Teyeb

Dato : 12-02-07 10:57

Thanks for the info!
I went to the irish pub on saturday and found out they have a jam
session every first monday of the month...So we gonna give it a try in
march and will talk with the guys later on...