Dakar 07
Fra : Bjørn S

Dato : 19-01-07 09:35

Dakar lakker mod slutten, på søndag er det promenade og premieutdeling.
Det ser ut til at Coma tar sejeren i år, men det er jo ikke avgjort før
alle er i mål.

Det er et intervju med Marc Dullum i dag på www.dakar.com .

"Marc Dullum : “I find ‘life balance’ with the Dakar”.

Marc Dullum didn’t take up motorcycling until he was 36 years old, as a
way of clearing his head after a busy day in the office. Then he read
about a small rally in Tunisia and decided to enter – that was back in
1998. Admits Marc, “I didn’t have the faintest idea what I was doing, but
I was bitten by the bug, and decided to set myself the long term goal of
entering the Dakar.” In 2003, after five years of training and fund
raising, he finally made it to the start line and finished at his first
attempt. In 2004 he came back with the intention of improving his
finishing position but went out with mechanical problems. “I had to leave
the bike out on the piste and didn’t see it again for 6 months. When
Etienne Lavigne rang me to say that they had recovered it and were
shipping it back to Europe I was overjoyed, you go through so much
together, you get very attracted to your machine.”

In 2005 Marc was back again and finished without too many problems, before
returning in 2006 as a TV reporter for Danish television. Now in 2007 he
is here again, riding his beloved KTM and doing TV reports when he gets to
the bivouac. “All year I work very hard as an industrial consultant and
need my annual Dakar challenge to keep me sane. The Dakar has also helped
me in business. I have made a lot of contacts through it and it has taught
me a lot about motivation and focus.” So presumably Marc will be back
again in 2008. “One way or another. But I am 45 years old now and it is
starting to hurt when I fall off. I have been looking at those Gache
single seater buggies and wouldn’t mind having a go in one of them.”

- og så har dfmc egen fåreslakter (Kai)(som de stadig snakker om der oppe
i nord) fått konkurrance ;
http://www.dakar.no/dakar2007/d2007-12.htm

--
/Bjørn - P.T. Entusiastisk F5 - rytter

Fra : Bjørn S

Dato : 19-01-07 09:38

Den gik ikke, prøv www.dakar.no og dag 12.

--
/Bjørn

Fra : Jens. B. Rasmussen

Dato : 20-01-07 10:54

""Bjørn" S" <bjosko@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Bjørn S wrote:
>
>> http://www.dakar.no/dakar2007/d2007-12.htm
>
> Den gik ikke, prøv www.dakar.no og dag 12.
>
> --
> /Bjørn

Ja det ser jo ud til at løbet skal køres helt færdigt før vi kårer vinderen

Det må godt nok være sur numse at skulle udgå fra 1.pladsen knap 2 dage før
løbet slutter.

--
Med venlig hilsen

Jens