Falske Global-knive i Føtex?
Fra : Jens Bruun

Dato : 05-12-06 19:29

Føtex kører pt. tilbud på Global-knive. Jeg har netop stået med et par
stykker i hånden i butikken, og ingen af dem indeholdt sand i håndtaget, som
Global-knive mig bekendt altid gør. Kan Føtex have fået en sending falske
Global-knive? Føtex har jo tidligere - godt nok uvidende herom - solgt
falske kopivarer, så helt usandsynlig er tanken vel ikke.

Jeg har engang set en online-folder med en detaljeret gennemgang af, hvordan
en ægte Global-kniv kunne kendes fra en falsk, men kan ikke længere finde
den. Nogen, der har et link?

--
-Jens B.

D.e.f.f.e.s.

Fra : morten.b.johansen@gm~

Dato : 06-12-06 11:04

Hej

Fandt lidt info her:
http://howithappened.com/2005_12_01_howithappenedarchive.html

Telling Fake Global Knives From The Real Thing
I bought my first Global knife after the recommendation in Kitchen
Confidential. They look great, they feel great, and they stay sharp.
Unfortunately they are also quite expensive, at £30-£80 each.
Recently counterfeit Global knives have been appearing, sold on eBay,
and by unscrupulous door-to-door salesmen. One of the medical students
working for my team recently tried to sell us this fancy 12 knife set,
in a rather glam chef's carrying case. I took the opportunity to
compare the fakes with my real knives, and they really are extremely
close to the originals. After intense scrutiny I have a few tips for
spotting the frauds:

1. The real Globals have a very even pattern of black dimples, with
each dimple neatly and symmetrically pressed from the steel. The base
of the dimple is an even black colour, that exactly meets the edge of
the dimple. It isn't painted, it is an actual colour "corroded" onto
the steel. The fakes have rather variable dimples, and the base has
been airbrushed black, with obvious spills.

2. The logos "printed" on the blades of the real knives have crisp
edges, and when new, have a very dark colour. The logos on the fake
knives have printing errors, and look faded.

3. Obviously the edge of the blade on the real knives is incredibly
even. The edge looks like an engineering miracle with it's
micrometrical accuracy. The fake knives are very sharp, but the edge is
visibly flawed. It doesn't even look straight to the naked eye, and is
ground down with a wildly varying width.

4. The most obvious give-away though, is the price. If an internet
bargain looks to good to be true, that's almost always because it is.
eBay is an open market, and things tend to find their real value.