Har du mistet....
Fra : Siri

Dato : 15-11-06 16:28

en kat - din egen helt særlige kat?
Så får du her et venligt lille puf - en opfordring til at tage forbi det
nærmeste katte-internat og tabe dit hjerte igen: En elskelig kat vil
tage det op og varme det.
Sentimentalt?
Ja.... Ihvertfald ikke koldt.
'Jeg skal ikke have kat igen', siger du måske. Ja, men hvad med de
katte, der trænger til dig og dit kærlige hjem - de er helt alene i
verden, tag bare een til dig? Ja, det er hårdt at miste - men det
hjælper at blive trøstet af en anden varm kattepote.
Og trænger du til at komme af med nogle tårer, så kig ind på Hannes
mega-mco.dk og læs under 'Jeg Mindes' - der er lige et par digte værd at
læse, og så er der med garanti ingen tørstige høns hos dig!
Det var der ialtfald ikke hos mig....
Nu tøfler jeg over til min sofa-kat (fundet på vildkat.dk)
Med venlig hilsen
Siri
- Tøm kattebakken ved privat svar

Postet fra http://www.dk-fritid-dyr-kat.dk

Fra : Hanne Engermann

Dato : 15-11-06 17:03

Tak for de pæne ord Siri - for jo, jeg har bestræbt mig på, at min
hjemmeside skal være varm og hyggelig og ikke et salgskatalog.

De, der kender mig, ved også, at mit hjerte banker for de hjemløse
katte, og til dem, der skulle få besøg af sådan en, har jeg da også et
digt:

Stray Cat by Francis Witham

Oh, what unhappy twist of fate
Has brought you homeless to my gate?
The gate where once another stood
To beg for shelter, warmth, and food
For from that day I ceased to be
The master of my destiny

While he, with purr and velvet paw
Became within my house the law
He scratched the furniture and shed
And claimed the middle of my bed

He ruled in arrogance and pride
And broke my heart the day he died
So if you really think, Oh Cat,
I'd willingly relive all that
Because you come forlorn and thin
Well...don't just stand there...
Come on in!

Med venlig hilsen
Hanne Engermann

Fra : Marianne Hellemose

Dato : 15-11-06 17:21

Ja når nu der er tale om internatskatte, vil jeg da gerne bidrage med dette

***Why Rescue ?
OK, so I'm not the perfect cat. I'm not just right - I might be too big, or
too small; too vocal, or too quiet. I may also have some medical issues, and
I don't have my complete medical history with me to explain why. I may have
been exposed to parasites: worms, fleas, ticks, or ear mites. I may have
some kind of intestinal upsets, and I may not have perfect stools every
time.

Behaviorally, I have a little baggage. I may not be able to walk right into
your home perfectly well adjusted. I may take issue if there is another cat,
dog or child, no matter what age or sex and may show my fear in a variety of
ways. I may not love everyone immediately and I may not do exactly what you
want in the beginning. I may not be able to adapt to any situation. I may
get confused about the litter box, and might even make a mistake, no matter
what litter you use, where the pan is, or how often you clean it.

Emotionally? I may have some idiosyncrasies. I may nip, swat, hiss, put my
ears back, hide, cower or tremble. I may look at you with fear, and
distrust, and concern. It might take several months, or even a year before I
can begin to trust again.

I am one of society's throwaways.

Is this the cat you're looking for?

If not, maybe you should look elsewhere. Please don't ask to take me home,
because I have already been rejected far too many times already and would
rather stay at the shelter than be given one more reason to mistrust people
again.

I am one of a group of cats. A group that has been dumped in the shelters,
booted out the doors, kicked, hit, beaten, yelled at, shot, cursed, thrown
from moving cars, left to fend on our own. A group of cats that has learned
that humans are NOT kind and society is NOT fair and life is NOT
comfortable. A group of cats that didn't have good prenatal care, that don't
know where our next meal was coming from, that have lived outside through
hot and cold and dug through garbage to find enough to eat. We are the cats
that have been flea bitten and worm ridden and burned with hot oil. We are
the cats who have been hit by cars and left for dead; who have swallowed
stones and ribbons and had nothing but intestinal upsets; who have loose
stools or who have stools that are so hard they can barely pass. We have
been told we were too loud, too messy, or we didn't match the new furniture.
We have been chased by dogs, had our tails pulled by kids, and been bullied
by other cats. Some of us have never known a litter box, let alone a clean
one. We have watched our loving family drive off one day without a backward
glance after 15 years; we have been replaced after ten years with a new
puppy. We look at you with big round eyes full of fear and terror, and
occasionally hatred, and yes, deep down, with a little hope. We are the cats
in Rescue.

Why, then, would anyone possibly want one of us?

The reasons are endless.

We need you. We deserve to be loved, to have a second chance, to learn how
to trust again. We have been at the mercy of our surroundings; it is up to
you to care for us. You, as part of the race that has caused this
overpopulation of animals; you, who as part of the species, some of whose
members have mistreated and misplaced these deserving creatures, owe it to
us to care. You should be setting examples for the next generation - that
this should not be a throwaway society that we can and should be doing
something about it. We can be your FAMILY members, members who share in your
joys, your sorrows, your misfortunes and your luck. We are here when you
need someone to talk to, to comfort, and to be comforted. We lick your tears
and pat your face and snuggle under your chin. We like you for you, and we
ask so little from you. A pat, a scratch, the toss of a ball, a kind word,
we repay you with loyalty and adoration and faithful friendship.
You may have to earn it, this is true, and we may be so damaged by our
previous experiences that we'll never be "The Perfect" cat, but the
appreciation that emanates from our eyes; the love that we share when we
realize we are safe, secure, and home forever, is a gift that cannot be
bought. We have seen rough times, yes, but if we are willing to give you a
second chance, why won't you give us one? ***

--
Marianne Hellemose
***Ailurophil***

"the greatness of a nation and it's moral progress,
can be judged by how its animals are treated"
Mahatma Ghandi

Fra : Denise

Dato : 15-11-06 22:44

Marianne Hellemose wrote:
> Ja når nu der er tale om internatskatte, vil jeg da gerne bidrage med
> dette

Åhh, hvor er det altså godt skrevet og hvor er det SÅ rigtigt.

--
Hilsen Denise
http://www.dk-fritid-dyr-kat.dk/sl.php?id=232

Fra : Siri

Dato : 15-11-06 17:54

> Hanne Engermann skrev:
> Tak for de pæne ord Siri - for jo, jeg har bestræbt mig på, at min
> hjemmeside skal være varm og hyggelig og ikke et salgskatalog.
>
> De, der kender mig, ved også, at mit hjerte banker for de hjemløse
> katte, og til dem, der skulle få besøg af sådan en, har jeg da også et
> digt:
>
> Stray Cat by Francis Witham
>
> Oh, what unhappy twist of fate
> Has brought you homeless to my gate?
> The gate where once another stood
> To beg for shelter, warmth, and food
> For from that day I ceased to be
> The master of my destiny
>
> While he, with purr and velvet paw
> Became within my house the law
> He scratched the furniture and shed
> And claimed the middle of my bed
>
> He ruled in arrogance and pride
> And broke my heart the day he died
> So if you really think, Oh Cat,
> I\'d willingly relive all that
> Because you come forlorn and thin
> Well...don\'t just stand there...
> Come on in!
>
> Med venlig hilsen
> Hanne Engermann
> - Tøm kattebakken ved privat svar
> Postet fra http://www.dk-fritid-dyr-kat.dk

Wah! Så vræler jeg igen - selvom jeg godt kendte det digt. Det hører til
et af dem, som jeg ikke kan læse igennem.
Det korte, du har, på små fem linier, rammer bare plet....
Og jer, der synes, at det her er noget over-personligt 'Sød-Suppe'
baby-bavl - tja.....

Fra : Winnie Schildknecht

Dato : 15-11-06 18:41

"Siri" skrev

>> Hanne Engermann skrev:
>> Tak for de pæne ord Siri - for jo, jeg har bestræbt mig på, at min
>> hjemmeside skal være varm og hyggelig og ikke et salgskatalog.
>>
>> De, der kender mig, ved også, at mit hjerte banker for de hjemløse
>> katte, og til dem, der skulle få besøg af sådan en, har jeg da også et
>> digt:
>>
>> Stray Cat by Francis Witham
>>
>> Oh, what unhappy twist of fate
>> Has brought you homeless to my gate?
>> The gate where once another stood
>> To beg for shelter, warmth, and food
>> For from that day I ceased to be
>> The master of my destiny
>>
>> While he, with purr and velvet paw
>> Became within my house the law
>> He scratched the furniture and shed
>> And claimed the middle of my bed
>>
>> He ruled in arrogance and pride
>> And broke my heart the day he died
>> So if you really think, Oh Cat,
>> I\'d willingly relive all that
>> Because you come forlorn and thin
>> Well...don\'t just stand there...
>> Come on in!
>>
>> Med venlig hilsen
>> Hanne Engermann
>> - Tøm kattebakken ved privat svar
>> Postet fra http://www.dk-fritid-dyr-kat.dk
>>
> Wah! Så vræler jeg igen - selvom jeg godt kendte det digt. Det hører til
> et af dem, som jeg ikke kan læse igennem.
> Det korte, du har, på små fem linier, rammer bare plet....
> Og jer, der synes, at det her er noget over-personligt 'Sød-Suppe'
> baby-bavl - tja.....

Ja?

- Winnie