Sikre Bluetooth devices knækket
Fra : Thomas Jespersen

Dato : 03-06-05 22:47

"Cryptographers have discovered a way to hack Bluetooth-enabled
devices even when security features are switched on. The discovery may
make it even easier for hackers to eavesdrop on conversations and
charge their own calls to someone else’s cellphone."

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7461

--
Now Playing:
Tristan - Lost And Profound

Fra : Thomas Jespersen

Dato : 03-06-05 22:54

"This paper describes the implementation of an attack on the Bluetooth
security mechanism. Specifically, we describe a passive attack, in
which an attacker can find the PIN used during the pairing process. We
then describe the cracking speed we can achieve through three
optimizations methods. Our fastest optimization employs an algebraic
representation of a central cryptographic primitive (SAFER+) used in
Bluetooth. Our results show that a 4-digit PIN can be cracked in less
than 0.3 sec on an old Pentium III 450MHz computer, and in 0.06 sec on
a Pentium IV 3Ghz HT computer."

http://www.eng.tau.ac.il/~yash/shaked-wool-mobisys05/index.html

--
Now Playing:
Tangerine Dream - Movements Of A Visionary