Dyrets tal er 616
Fra : Knud Larsen

Dato : 02-05-05 23:33

Revelation! 666 is not the number of the beast (it's a devilish 616)
By Tom Anderson

A newly discovered fragment of the oldest surviving copy of the New
Testament indicates that, as far as the Antichrist goes, theologians,
scholars, heavy metal groups, and television evangelists have got the wrong
number. Instead of 666, it's actually the far less ominous 616.

The new fragment from the Book of Revelation, written in ancient Greek and
dating from the late third century, is part of a hoard of previously
unintelligible manuscripts discovered in historic dumps outside Oxyrhynchus
in Egypt. Now a team of expert classicists, using new photographic
techniques, are finally deciphering the original writing.

Professor David Parker, Professor of New Testament Textual Criticism and
Paleography at the University of Birmingham, thinks that 616, although less
memorable than 666, is the original. He said: "This is an example of
gematria, where numbers are based on the numerical values of letters in
people's names. Early Christians would use numbers to hide the identity of
people who they were attacking: 616 refers to the Emperor Caligula."

The Book of Revelation is traditionally considered to be written by John, a
disciple of Jesus; it identifies 666 as the mark of the Antichrist. In
America, the fundamentalist Christian right often use the number in sermons
about the coming Apocalypse.

They and satanists responded coolly to the new "Revelation". Peter Gilmore,
High Priest of the Church of Satan, based in New York, said: "By using 666
we're using something that the Christians fear. Mind you, if they do switch
to 616 being the number of the beast then we'll start using that."

Fra : Anders Peter Johnsen

Dato : 03-05-05 00:49

Knud Larsen wrote:

> The Book of Revelation is traditionally considered to be written by John, a
> disciple of Jesus; it identifies 666 as the mark of the Antichrist. In
> America, the fundamentalist Christian right often use the number in sermons
> about the coming Apocalypse.
>
> They and satanists responded coolly to the new "Revelation". Peter Gilmore,
> High Priest of the Church of Satan, based in New York, said: "By using 666
> we're using something that the Christians fear. Mind you, if they do switch
> to 616 being the number of the beast then we'll start using that."

Oh, hvilken rørende enighed!

--
Mvh
Anders Peter Johnsen

Fra : Rasmus Underbjerg Pi~

Dato : 03-05-05 08:11

"Knud Larsen" <larsen_knud@hotmail.com> mælte sligt:

>A newly discovered fragment of the oldest surviving copy of the New
>Testament [...]

Gad vide, hvad det er for en "copy"?

>indicates that, as far as the Antichrist goes, theologians,
>scholars, heavy metal groups, and television evangelists have got the wrong
>number. Instead of 666, it's actually the far less ominous 616.

Man har længe haft fragmenter, der har 616 i stedet. Se fx
<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/dk.livssyn.kristendom/msg/a13555074ad3d5b6?hl=en>.

/Rasmus
--
"Hvor er nu den harniskklædte slægtsfylgie, alle de venlige ansigter,
der plejede at titte os i møde i skovbrynet? Vievandets syre har ætset

Fra : Knud Larsen

Dato : 03-05-05 09:43

"Rasmus Underbjerg Pinnerup" <pinnerup@*fjerndette*gmail.com> wrote in
message news:qs8e71papg2qqk2hbu23da3lqi6v8bir75@4ax.com...
> "Knud Larsen" <larsen_knud@hotmail.com> mælte sligt:
>
>>A newly discovered fragment of the oldest surviving copy of the New
>>Testament [...]
>
> Gad vide, hvad det er for en "copy"?
>
>>indicates that, as far as the Antichrist goes, theologians,
>>scholars, heavy metal groups, and television evangelists have got the
>>wrong
>>number. Instead of 666, it's actually the far less ominous 616.
>
> Man har længe haft fragmenter, der har 616 i stedet. Se fx
> <http://groups-beta.google.com/group/dk.livssyn.kristendom/msg/a13555074ad3d5b6?hl=en>.

Der kan man bare se, - jeg troede de var bedre orienteret på The
Independent, eller også ser det bare bedre ud at fremstille det som en
nyhed.

Fra : Mr. D

Dato : 03-05-05 18:23

"Rasmus Underbjerg Pinnerup" <pinnerup@*fjerndette*gmail.com> skrev i en
meddelelse news:qs8e71papg2qqk2hbu23da3lqi6v8bir75@4ax.com...
> "Knud Larsen" <larsen_knud@hotmail.com> mælte sligt:
>
> Man har længe haft fragmenter, der har 616 i stedet. Se fx

Jeg troede kun, det var latinske versioner, der havde 616? Og var det ikke
Irenæus, der mente at det måske var en oversætterfejl? (Against Heresies:
Book V Chapter XXX.)..
I så fald er nyheden mildest talt ret gammel.

.... nå, men hvad er en nonne fra eller til..!

Spørgsmålet er, om ikke dem, der har skrevet kopierne har kendt betydningen,
snarere end lavet en fejl? Muligheden er der vel.
Caesar Nero

His official title was Neron Caesar (written nrwn qsr in Hebrew) the letters
of which, if added together, equal 666.

N (50)
R (200)
W (6)
N (50)

Q (100)
S (60)
R (200)
+
_____________
= 666

The Latin form of the title (which drops the final N (50) of nrwn) would
equal 616, thus fitting the alternative reading. Of how many other
"nominees" can this be said?

Hvis dette er tilfældet, passer Nero til begge versioner.

Her er to forklaringsmodeller:

a.. The Latin name for Nero Caesar adds up to 616.
The significance of the number 616 was known as early as Irenaeus in the
Second Century.

One explanation of 616 is from a Hebrew numbering perpective. As stated by
G.B. Caird, "A Hebraized version of the Latin form Nero Caesar would lack
the second nun" -- which had a value of 50 in Hebrew.

a.. Q = 100 (kaph)
b.. s = 60 (samech)
c.. r = 200 (resh)
d.. N = 50 (nun)
e.. r = 200 (resh)
f.. w = 6 (waw)
Another explanation of 616 is from a Greek numbering perpective, and
counts the Greek letters that spell out the Greek words, which are
translated in English as "Caesar God." As represented by J. Massyngberde
Ford (ibid.):

a.. K = 20 (kappa)
b.. a = 1 (alpha)
c.. i = 10 (iota)
d.. s = 200 (sigma)
e.. a = 1 (alpha)
f.. r = 100 (rho)
g.. Th = 9 (theta)
h.. e = 5 (epsilon)
i.. o = 70 (omicron)
j.. s = 200 (sigma)

Mr. D

Simon Griis

www.amen.nu

Fra : Cyril Malka

Dato : 03-05-05 15:20

Knud Larsen wrote:

> A newly discovered fragment of the oldest surviving copy of the New
> Testament indicates that, as far as the Antichrist goes, theologians,
> scholars, heavy metal groups, and television evangelists have got the wrong
> number. Instead of 666, it's actually the far less ominous 616.

Både og.

666 var kodenavnet for Kejser Neron, som, hvis man brugte de hebraiske
bogstaveværdier (qsr nrwn) gav:

q = 60
s = 100
r = 200
n = 50
w = 6

og giver altså 666

Hvis nu nogle oversættere oversat med "Kaisar nero" (altså uden "n", så
trækker man 50 fra: 616

Mange gamle manuskripter har stadigt 616 i stedet for 666.

Det vigtigste er ikek tallet men om hvorvidt denne er sammenhængende
ift. den måde man oversætter og forstår "Kejser Nero(n)"

--
Venligst,

Cyril

Det Nye Testamente - Fortæller man alt? http://www.nytestamente.org
.... A cat is _always_ on the wrong side of the door.