filter on array
Fra : asd987

Dato : 09-02-05 14:32

Hello,

I'm looking for the best way to give an user the possiblity to search in
multiple directories for certain photos. I was thinking about using an array
to do so. This is the Command1_Click - code below.

## ---

Private Sub Command1_Click()
' create an array containing the content of
' two directories

Dim MyVar(), MaxItems As Integer

File1.Path = "c:\my documents\photo-archive1"
File2.Path = "c:\my documents\photo-archive2"
File1.Pattern = "*.jpg"
File2.Pattern = "*.jpg"

MaxItems1 = File1.ListCount
MaxItems2 = File2.ListCount
Let MaxItems = MaxItems1 + MaxItems2

For i = 0 To MaxItems1 - 1
MyVar(i) = File1.List(i)
Next i

For i = 0 To MaxItems2 - 1
MyVar(i) = File2.List(i)
Next i

End Sub

## ---

After this the desired information must be presented. I want to do this in a
ListBox. The user can type in a Text-field (parts of) the name of the photos
he is looking for. The filenames are displayed and by clicking them the
corresponding photo must be shown.

## ---

Private Sub Text1_Change()
' display that selection of the array that
' corresponds with "*" & Text1.Text & "*.jpg"
' use a ListBox (List1.AddItem)

End Sub

## ---

Now I don't know how to write the Text1_Change-code for the selection part.
Perhaps there is a much more easier way for this?

Thanks,

Sjoerd