DVD Question: Danish (R2) -> American (R1)~
Fra : \"Whoa!\", is me.

Dato : 07-05-01 08:37

This might be a better question for one of the U.S., &/or
more technical, groups, but anyway...

i just bought a DVD from dvdoo.dk, & realized after i made
my purchase that i'm not going to be able to play it on my
computer (i don't yet have a regular DVD player for my TV)
as the encoding "regions" are different.

i don't want to cancel my order, because dvdoo.dk was the
only site in the entire world to have your "Edderkoppen"
TV series for sale on DVD -- so i had to get it.

So my question is:

Do i now own a moderately expensive (& useless) souvenir?
Or can i download some software to get my PC's Adaptec DVD
player to work? Or, is there something i can do when i
eventually buy a "real" DVD player for my TV?

Thanx for any help.

Fra : Steen Villumsen

Dato : 07-05-01 09:46

You can properbly enable your computers DVD-drive to read and play
region 2 DVDs by applying a software 'patch' to it, or by updating the
drives firmware. Which patch or firmware update you need, I don't know -
you'll properbly be better of asking DVD-hardware related newsgroup.

When you buy a 'real' DVD-player for you tv, you can make sure it's
"region free" - then you'll be able to watch DVDs from all over the
world, not just american. This will come in handy when you want to save
money and buy your disc's from for instance Australia.

Kind regards,

Steen

Fra : Tim Christensen

Dato : 08-05-01 19:47

""Whoa!", is me." <Angst.Boy@Home.com> wrote in message

> Do i now own a moderately expensive (& useless) souvenir?
> Or can i download some software to get my PC's Adaptec DVD
> player to work? Or, is there something i can do when i
> eventually buy a "real" DVD player for my TV?

try news://dk.edb.hardware.drev.dvd

Mvh

Tim