select part of string
Fra : asd987

Dato : 03-05-04 12:19

Hi,

Is it possible to find a certain part in a string? I need the last part of
the string which is after the last backslash in the string. The string can
contain more than one backslah but i never know how much.

Example:

f:\Dir1\Dir2\Dir3\Filename.Ext.
What I need is Filename.Ext

Thanks.

Fra : Anton

Dato : 03-05-04 13:41

Try to look at Split()
/AV

Fra : Jørgen Bondesen

Dato : 03-05-04 20:53

Hi asd987

Try this:

'snip from
'Ole Sørensen 20040430

Dim sTmp As String
sTmp = "C:\Dokumenter og test\jbotester\test1\test2\testigenigenigen3.xls"

' Split path
Dim sTemp() As String
sTemp() = Split(sTmp, "\")

' Count number of elements in sTemp()
Dim nAntalElementer As Integer
nAntalElementer = 0

Dim vElement As Variant
For Each vElement In sTemp
nAntalElementer = nAntalElementer + 1
Next

'here you are
MsgBox sTemp(nAntalElementer - 1)

Best regards from
Jørgen Bondesen

Fra : Tomas Christiansen

Dato : 03-05-04 21:36

asd987 wrote
>I need the last part of the string which is after the last backslash
> in the string.
> f:\Dir1\Dir2\Dir3\Filename.Ext.
> What I need is Filename.Ext

A simple solution could be: