Looking for a good New York City Hotel, Mo~
Fra : CN

Dato : 14-04-04 12:41

On my journey from San Francisco to Paris, I'll have a one day stop in New
York City.
Anybody who can recommend a place to stay for the night - as close to
downtown as possible.
Looking at a price range of $50.00 - $100.00

Thanks!
/CN

Fra : Niels Hejnfelt

Dato : 14-04-04 18:51

Hi CN.
Before going to N.Y. last spring, I spent a lot of time looking for "not
very expensive" Hotels, which are hard to find in N.Y.
I ended up staying at Best Western Convention Center, 10 min. walk from
Empire State Building and Times Square.
http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=33112
At that time I payed app. $ 100,- per night, and considering that we were
staying 4 people (2 adults + to teenagers 15 and 17 yrs. old) in one room,
and that a quite "well-equipped" continental breakfast was included, I find
it very cheap for N.Y.
Good Luck.
Niels Hejnfelt
P.S. $ 50,-? - forget it !

Fra : Christian Nielsen

Dato : 14-04-04 21:48

Thank you, but I found this one, and have allready made a reservation
($30,00)
Only 1/2 block from Times Square
http://www.bigapplehostel.com/index.html
PS. They also have nice private rooms for $77,00

/Christian Nielsen

Fra : Rqf

Dato : 14-04-04 22:02

There is a YMCA on West 63rd Street that fits your budget. It is near
Central Park and 1 mile north of TImes Square.