Car rental in Denmark
Fra : Nick

Dato : 30-03-04 10:34

Hello

I don't know whether this is a good group for posting my question or not.
Please forgive me if not.

In April I will stay in Ballerup (near Copenhagen). And if it is possible,
I would like to rent a car for a couple of days.
But there are 2 big problems: Firstly my current age is 21 and secondly I
don't have any credit card (visa ed).
I've been looking on the internet to find a solution, but I haven't found
one yet. I suppose I can forget the idea of renting a car, but if someone
could help me finding a solution I would be very grateful...

Thanks!

--
Greetz,
Nick

Fra : Emil Jensen

Dato : 30-03-04 11:00

> In April I will stay in Ballerup (near Copenhagen). And if it is possible,
> I would like to rent a car for a couple of days.
> But there are 2 big problems: Firstly my current age is 21 and secondly I
> don't have any credit card (visa ed).
> I've been looking on the internet to find a solution, but I haven't found
> one yet. I suppose I can forget the idea of renting a car, but if someone
> could help me finding a solution I would be very grateful...

At www.easybiler.dk you must be 21 and had the driving license for a least 1
year. Credit Card is a good idea, but they also accept cash. If you pay
cash, they demand a huge deposit around 4000 danish kroner (= 650 US $)
which will be returned when the car is delivered back in good shape.

www.easybiler.dk have no pages in english, but try to click on "København",
then click "Kontakt Easybiler" and fill in the form (remember your e-mail)
and send it.

Hope they can help you!

Emil

Fra : Emil Jensen

Dato : 30-03-04 11:03

By the way, I think you will get great help at dk.fritid.bil where they know
all about cars. They are really helpfull in there, so try ask them.

Emil

Fra : Nick

Dato : 30-03-04 19:40

"Emil Jensen" <lime@jensen73.dk> wrote in

> By the way, I think you will get great help at dk.fritid.bil where
> they know all about cars. They are really helpfull in there, so try
> ask them.
>
> Emil

Thank you for both your suggestions! I'll see what they can do...

Fra : Per

Dato : 31-03-04 09:04

Hej Nick
There are a lot of different car rental companies in Denmark, some of them
with cheap cars like "rent a wreck"

http://fagbogdanmark.dk/TOCYellow.asp?categoryID=2508&Index=B

Heres a list of phone numbers and e-mails.

I'm sorry I havent more time to help u, but this is a start anyway.

Try www.budget.dk or Rent a Wreck phone 0045 39 29 85 05

Good luck..

Fra : Work all day

Dato : 30-03-04 14:41

Hi Nick

Try HERTZ - A little bit like Avis.

They also rent cars out without a creditcard, but they will demand a deposit
insted.

Try calling there servicephone on (0045) 33 17 90 57 and speak with them.
They should be reachable between 09.00 and 15,00 hours.

More help ? Just make another post in the group.

Kim

Fra : Nick

Dato : 30-03-04 19:35

"Work all day" <No@mail.invalid> wrote in

> Hi Nick
>
> Try HERTZ - A little bit like Avis.
>
> They also rent cars out without a creditcard, but they will demand a
> deposit insted.
>
> Try calling there servicephone on (0045) 33 17 90 57 and speak with
> them. They should be reachable between 09.00 and 15,00 hours.
>
> More help ? Just make another post in the group.
>
> Kim

Hi Kim

A copy/paste from the hertz website:
<<The minimum age for rentals in Denmark is 23 years of age for vehicle
groups Economy, Compact, Intermediate 3 doors and Intermediate 5 doors.

For all other vehicle groups the minimum age is 25 years, with the
exception of vehicle group Premium for which the driver is required to be
over 30 years of age.>>

So it isn't possible for me to hire a car with them. But anayway, thank
you for your suggestion!

Fra : Lars RejserNU.dk

Dato : 01-04-04 10:02

Hi Nick

Holidayautos is also a very good tip

http://www.holidayautos.dk

Regards

Lars Andersen

http://RejserNU.dk

Fra : Nick

Dato : 04-04-04 17:31

"Lars RejserNU.dk" <RejserNU@RejserNU.dk> wrote in news:7UQac.132693
$jf4.7147637@news000.worldonline.dk:

> Hi Nick
>
> Holidayautos is also a very good tip
>
> http://www.holidayautos.dk
>
> Regards
>
> Lars Andersen
>
> http://RejserNU.dk

I suppose Min. Alter means Minimum age?
Limit is 25 years old, so it is not an option...

Fra : Miss.Stina

Dato : 05-04-04 18:43

Hi Nick..
You can i Ballerup rent a car at Avis. Tempovej 1, 2750 Ballerup..
Call +4544663197 and ask for Søren, he is the Avis man :)
You have to be 21 to rent a care there. so that isn't a problem. And you
don't need a credit card to pay, you can pay cash..

Christina

http://www.kandu.dk/

Fra : Nick

Dato : 05-04-04 22:31

"Miss.Stina" <Miss.Stina.news@kandu.dk> wrote in news:40719acf$0$167
$edfadb0f@dtext02.news.tele.dk:

> Hi Nick..
> You can i Ballerup rent a car at Avis. Tempovej 1, 2750 Ballerup..
> Call +4544663197 and ask for S›ren, he is the Avis man :)
> You have to be 21 to rent a care there. so that isn't a problem. And you
> don't need a credit card to pay, you can pay cash..
>
> Christina

Thank you!