Ninja egern
Fra : DavieB

Dato : 21-12-03 10:57

Jeg fandt denne historie på Yahoos' Honda VF gruppe hjemside, og
syntes den er ret morsomt.
mVFh, David
'84 Honda VF750F-E

Neighborhood Hazard (or: Why the Cops Won't Patrol Brice Street)
I never dreamed slowly cruising through a residential neighborhood
could be so incredibly dangerous!
Studies have shown that motorcycling requires more decisions per
second, and more sheer data processing than nearly any other common
activity or sport. The reactions and accurate decision making
abilities needed have been likened to the reactions of fighter
pilots!
The consequences of bad decisions or poor situational awareness are
pretty much the same for both groups too.Occasionally, as a rider I
have caught myself starting to make bad or late decisions while
riding. In flight training, my instructors called this being "behind
the power curve". It is a mark of experience that when this begins
to happen, the rider recognizes the situation, and more importantly,
does something about it. A short break, a meal, or even a gas stop
can set things right again as it gives the brain a chance to catch
up.
Good, accurate, and timely decisions are essential when riding a
motorcycle.at least if you want to remain among the living. In
short, the brain needs to keep up with the machine. I had been
banging around the roads of east Texas and as I headed back into
Dallas, foundmyself in very heavy, high-speed traffic on the
freeways. Normally, this is not a problem,
I commute in these conditions daily, but suddenly I was nearly run
down by a cage that decided it needed my lane more than I did. This
is not normally a big deal either, as it happens around here often,
but usually I can accurately predict which drivers are not paying
attention and avoid them before we are even close. This one I missed
seeing until it was nearly too late, and as I took evasive action I
nearly broadsided another car that I was not even aware was there!
Two bad decisions and insufficient situational awareness.all within
seconds. I was behind the power curve. Time to get off the freeway.
I hit the next exit, and as I was in an area I knew pretty well,
headed through a few big residential neighborhoods as a new route
home. As I turned onto the nearly empty streets I opened the visor
on my full-face helmet to help get some air. I figured some slow
riding through the quiet surface streets would give me time to
relax, think, and regain that "edge" so frequently required when
riding.
Little did I suspect.
As I passed an oncoming car, a brown furry missile shot out from
under it and tumbled to a stop immediately in front of me. It was a
squirrel, and must have been trying to run across the road when it
encountered the car. I really was not going very fast, but there was
no time to brake or avoid it-it was that close.

I hate to run over animals.and I really hate it on a motorcycle, but
a squirrel should pose no danger to me. I barely had time to brace
for the impact.
Animal lovers, never fear. Squirrels can take care of themselves!
Inches before impact, the squirrel flipped to his feet. He was
standing on his hind legs and facing the oncoming Valkyrie with
steadfast resolve in his little beady eyes. His mouth opened, and at
the last possible second, he screamed and leapt! I am pretty sure
the scream was squirrel for, "Banzai!" or maybe, "Die you gravy-
sucking, heathen scum!" as the leap was spectacular and he flew over
the windshield and impacted me squarely in the chest.
Instantly he set upon me. If I did not know better I would have
sworn he brought twenty of his little buddies along for the attack.
Snarling, hissing, and tearing at my clothes, he was a frenzy of
activity. As I was dressed only in a light t-shirt, summer riding
gloves, and jeans this was a bit of a cause for concern. This furry
little tornado was doing some damage!
Picture a large man on a huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in
jeans, a t-shirt, and leather gloves puttering maybe 25mph down a
quiet residential street.and in the fight of his life with a
squirrel. And losing.
I grabbed for him with my left hand and managed to snag his tail.
With all my strength I flung the evil rodent off the left of the
bike, almost running into the right curb as I recoiled from the
throw. That should have done it. The matter should have ended right
there. It really should have. The squirrel could have sailed into
one of the pristinely kept yards and gone on about his business, and
I could have headed home. No one would have been the wiser.But this
was no ordinary squirrel. This was not even an ordinary pissed-off
squirrel.
This was an evil attack squirrel of death!
Somehow he caught my gloved finger with one of his little hands, and
with the force of the throw swung around and with a resounding thump
and an amazing impact he landed square on my back and resumed his
rather anti-social and extremely distracting activities.
He also managed to take my left glove with him! The situation was
not improved. Not improved at all. His attacks were continuing, and
now I could not reach him.I was startled to say the least. The
combination of the force of the throw, only having one hand (the
throttle hand) on the handlebars, and my jerking back unfortunately
put a healthy twist through my right hand and into the throttle. A
healthy twist on the throttle of a Valkyrie can only have one
result. Torque. This is what the Valkyrie is made for, and she is
very,very good at it.

The engine roared as the front wheel left the pavement. The squirrel
screamed in anger. The Valkyrie screamed in ecstasy. I screamed in.
well.I just plain screamed. Now picture a large man on a huge black
and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a slightly squirrel torn t-
shirt, and only one leather glove roaring at maybe 70mph and rapidly
accelerating down a quiet residential street.on one wheel and with a
demonic squirrelon his back. The man and the squirrel are both
screaming bloody murder.
With the sudden acceleration I was forced to put my other hand back
on the handlebarsand try to get control of the bike. This was
leaving the mutant squirrel to his own devices, but I really did not
want to crash into somebody's tree, house, or parked car. Also, I
had not yet figured out how to release the throttle.my brain was
just simply overloaded. I did manage to mash the back brake, but it
had little affect against the massive power of the big cruiser.
About this time the squirrel decided that I was not paying
sufficient attention to this very serious battle (maybe he is a
Scottish attack squirrel of death), and he came around my neck and
got IN my full-face helmet with me. As the faceplate closed partway
and he began hissing in my face I am quite sure my screaming changed
tone and intensity. It seemed to have little affect on the squirrel
however. The rpm's on The Dragon maxed out (I was not concerned
about shifting at the moment) and her front end started to drop.
Now picture the large man on the huge black and chrome cruiser,
dressed in jeans, a very ragged torn t-shirt, and wearing one
leather glove, roaring at probably 80mph, still on one wheel, with a
large puffy squirrel's tail sticking out his mostly closed full-face
helmet.
By now the screams are probably getting a little hoarse. Finally I
got the upper hand.I managed to grab his tail again, pulled him out
of my helmet, and slung him to the left as hard as I could. This
time it worked.sort-of. Spectacularly sort-of, so to speak.
Picture the scene. You are a cop. You and your partner have pulled
off on a quiet residential street and parked with your windows down
to do some paperwork.
Suddenly a large man on a huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in
jeans, a torn t-shirt flapping in the breeze, and wearing one
leather glove, moving at probably 80mph on onewheel, and screaming
bloody murder roars by and with all his strength throws a live
squirrel grenade directly into your police car.
I heard screams. They weren't mine...I managed to get the big
motorcycle under directional control and dropped the front wheel to
the ground. I then used maximum braking and skidded to a stop in a
cloud of tire smoke at the stop sign at a busy cross street. I would
have returned to fess up (and to get my glove back). I really would
have

.
Really. But for two things. First, the cops did not seem interested
or the slightest bit concerned about me at the moment. One of them
was on his back in the front yard of the house they had been parked
in front of and was rapidly crabbing backwards away from the patrol
car. The other was standing in the street and was training a riot
shotgun on the police cruiser.
So the cops were not interested in me. They often insist to "let the
professionals handle it" anyway. That was one thing. The other?
Well, I swear I could see the squirrel, standing in the back window
of the patrol car among shredded and flying pieces of foam and
upholstery, and shaking his little fist at me. I think he was
shooting me the finger.
That is one dangerous squirrel. And now he has a patrol car.
I took a deep breath, turned on my turn-signal, made an easy right
turn, and sedately left the neighborhood.
As for my easy and slow drive home? Screw it. Faced with a choice of
80mph cars and inattentive drivers, or the evil, demonic, attack
squirrel of death...I'll take my chances with the freeway. Every
time.
And I'll buy myself a new pair of gloves.
CUAgain,
Daniel Meyer

Fra : TheHobbit

Dato : 21-12-03 12:53

> Jeg fandt denne historie på Yahoos' Honda VF gruppe hjemside, og
> syntes den er ret morsomt.
>
> Faced with a choice of 80mph cars and inattentive drivers, or the evil,
demonic, attack
> squirrel of death...I'll take my chances with the freeway. Every
> time.
Haha, fed historie.

/Stephan - DT, GS, CBR

Fra : Kristoffer Lippert

Dato : 21-12-03 15:48

Forrygende læsning... -
Jeg tror det tætteste jeg har været på den slags, er en selvmorderisk
scheferhund der hoppede ud af en modkørende bil lige foran mig. Det var nu
også en noget overraskende oplevelse, men den forsatte dog sin sprint, væk
fra mig og vejen. Og den bil den var sprunget ud af...

/Kristoffer

Fra : Mikkel Hansen

Dato : 21-12-03 19:25

Hahah, fik næsten tårer i øjnene. Tak for historien =)

Fra : Ukendt

Dato : 21-12-03 20:08

En lille kort en herfra

På vej til Padborg park her i sommer kommer vi kørrende ad motorvejen med en
+ca 50 km/t ingen trafik konen kører i inderbanen og jeg i yderbanen og lidt
leg , lige pludselig falder der noget rimeligt stort vi ikke lige vil ramme
ned fra en motorvejsbro HVA SATAN var det jo en Hare der bare rejste sig op
og løb over vejen , vi ramte den ikke men slog en pæn bue uden om og mon
ikke vi lige havde noget at snakke om på næste stop det gik nu mest op i at
grine , men ok det kunne være gået gal

Jeg ved stadig ikke om det var sådan en Dræber Kanin eller en Kamikazi Hare
eller hvorfor ..............

Per Emborg og frue på vej til Thailand (22 timer) for at holde (H)jul og
Nytår
Ja selfølgelig lejer vi MCer og ja vi skal nok tænke på jer :)

Fra : Intet Navn

Dato : 22-12-03 00:20

"Per Emborg" <x112kvik4u(a)dotcomprik.dk> wrote in message

> Jeg ved stadig ikke om det var sådan en Dræber Kanin eller en Kamikazi
Hare
> eller hvorfor ..............

Måske en "Bungee Bunny"; af den helt ekstreme slags - altså dem der hopper
uden elastik (som harer, kaniner og den slags dræber-gnavere jo gør)..?!

/claus

Fra : Gert Bo thorgersen

Dato : 22-12-03 10:59

"Per Emborg" <x112kvik4u(a)dotcomprik.dk> wrote in message
> En lille kort en herfra
>
> På vej til Padborg park her i sommer kommer vi kørrende ad motorvejen med
en
> +ca 50 km/t ingen trafik konen kører i inderbanen og jeg i yderbanen og
lidt
> leg , lige pludselig falder der noget rimeligt stort vi ikke lige vil
ramme
> ned fra en motorvejsbro HVA SATAN var det jo en Hare der bare rejste sig
op
> og løb over vejen , vi ramte den ikke men slog en pæn bue uden om og mon
> ikke vi lige havde noget at snakke om på næste stop det gik nu mest op i
at
> grine , men ok det kunne være gået gal
>
> Jeg ved stadig ikke om det var sådan en Dræber Kanin eller en Kamikazi
Hare
> eller hvorfor ..............
>
> Per Emborg og frue på vej til Thailand (22 timer) for at holde (H)jul og
> Nytår
> Ja selfølgelig lejer vi MCer og ja vi skal nok tænke på jer :)

Når du ligefrem oplyser at du skal til Thailand, så kender du jo til at du
dér netop let rammer især hunde, som der jo er masser af, endog sovende på
gaderne.
For 1 mdr. siden ramte vi med vores bil en hund, som dog ikke sov. Vi kom
kørende mutters alene på vejen mellem Chiangmai og Sarapee, med 60 km/tim.
da der fra højre side med stor fart pludselig dukkede en stor hund op som
fortsatte lige ind foran bilen, blev ramt, uden vi havde en chance for at nå
at røre bremsen. Den rullede et par gange rundt foran bilen, der jo holdt
samme fart, efter at være blevet ramt, kom op igen og fortsatte nu løbende
ved siden af bilen i samme retning som bilen, en 100 meter. Bilen fik en
lille bule.

I sidste uge oplevede jeg for anden gang her i Thailand, på BMWén, at køre
hen over en slange (denne kun ½ m.)som krydsede vejbanen. Jeg vendte om for
at se til den, men den var allerede væk inden jeg nåede de 50 meter tilbage.

Derimod var jeg (vi) mere uheldig i torsdags, kl.11, da en forkert kørsel af
en kvinde i en Honda Accord resulterede i styrt med Honda 125 Sén, hvorefter
jeg og konen kurede små 10 meter efter bilen som blot stak af. Da min kone
holdt i mig og vi landede på min højre skulder brækkede denne (styrthjelmen
revnede), og med skulderen hængende 3 cm nede tog vi så en 3 wheeler til
hospitalet, hvor jeg blev opereret kl. 17. Hospital opholdet, alt
inklusiv,kostede 25.500 B/4.000 Kr.
Aftenen dagen efter, i fredags, blev der indlagt 4 europæere/amerikanere
alle efter uheld på motorcykler i Chiangmai!

Thailænderne kører jo direkte elendigt fordi de ikke behøver kørekort. De
som ønsker kørekort køber blot et kørekort for 500-1.000 B/80 til 160 Kr.
Altså uden køreskole eller køreprøve.

Gert Thorgersen

BMW R100S, Honda 125 S, Honda 250 XR
Honda Civic.
Leder efter en motorcykel mere.
pludselig i fuld galop kom

Fra : Per Emborg

Dato : 22-12-03 19:08

--
Per Emborg
x112kvik4u(a)dotcomprik.dk
"Gert Bo thorgersen" <gbt@loxinfo.co.th> skrev i en meddelelse

> [...]

tilbage.

> Derimod var jeg (vi) mere uheldig i torsdags, kl.11, da en forkert kørsel
af
> en kvinde i en Honda Accord resulterede i styrt med Honda 125 Sén,
hvorefter
> jeg og konen kurede små 10 meter efter bilen som blot stak af. Da min kone
> holdt i mig og vi landede på min højre skulder brækkede denne
(styrthjelmen
> revnede), og med skulderen hængende 3 cm nede tog vi så en 3 wheeler til
> hospitalet, hvor jeg blev opereret kl. 17. Hospital opholdet, alt
> inklusiv,kostede 25.500 B/4.000 Kr.
> Aftenen dagen efter, i fredags, blev der indlagt 4 europæere/amerikanere
> alle efter uheld på motorcykler i Chiangmai!
>
> Thailænderne kører jo direkte elendigt fordi de ikke behøver kørekort. De
> som ønsker kørekort køber blot et kørekort for 500-1.000 B/80 til 160 Kr.

Ja jeg har kørt dernede et par gange før og kan godt nikke gendkendene til
de episoder

Og så er der lige dem der kører den rigtige øhhh forkerte vej rund i
rundkørslerne dvs at de skal til højre og så tager de da bare vejen rund til
højre underforstået at de har venster kørsel :(