loadfile problem
Fra : Lord Apophis

Dato : 29-11-00 01:43

Hi all can some assist me with a problem. I wish to display the contents of
a txt file in a text box

i have tried the following:

CommonDialog1.Filter = "c:\test.rtf"
CommonDialog1.ShowOpen
RichTextBox1.LoadFile CommonDialog1.filename, rtfRTF

(no luck with above, keeps highlighting the .loadfile bit on the last line.
got the source code from a friend who could not make it work either hence
why this one is an rtf and not txt)

text1.Loadfile ("c:\test.txt")

i am totally lost here

thanx ppls

Lord Apophis

Fra : Jan Damkjær Dahl

Dato : 07-12-00 22:51

try this

Fra : Jan Damkjær Dahl

Dato : 07-12-00 22:52

try this

CommonDialog1.ShowOpen
Open CommonDialog1.FileName For Input As #1
RichTextBox1.FileName = CommonDialog1.FileName
Close #1
frmprogram.Caption = CommonDialog1.FileName