Hvor har den mand dog ret!
Fra : iddqdATworldonline.d~

Dato : 12-08-03 18:36

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTAz

Citerer lige et par afsnit:

..
It seems that to me that NVIDIA has implemented a legitimate
optimization with UT2K3 in order to win what is a very widely used
benchmark. I personally do not have an issue with that. The
optimizations are present in the benchmark are also applied in the game
which is widely played and many persons might find that useful during
gameplay. The issue with this “quasi-Trilinear Filtering” optimization
is that you cannot turn it off should you wish to. If you go into the
UT2K3 video setup GUI, there is a checkbox there for “Trilinear
Filtering”, so it seems obvious to me that the game developer seemed to
think that Trilinear Filtering would be something that would enhance the
game. Some folks are upset that they do not get to enable this feature
using NVIDIA GFFX cards as it is commonly understood to work.
..
..
..
I am sorry, but I have now had enough. NVIDIA needs to fess up to their
actions publicly. NVIDIA needs to apologize for their actions publicly.
NVIDIA needs to spell out the corrections they are going to make
publicly. NVIDIA needs to make the community aware of the optimizations
they will make that affect benchmark scores in games and synthetics.
NVIDIA needs to treat the community with the respect they deserve. If
they do not, the enthusiast community needs to go spend their money with
the competition and urge all the people that ask them for buying advice
to do the same.

The bottom line is this. NVIDIA has broken a sacred trust between
themselves and the community and unless they get their issues together
very quickly and address them, I have a feeling that many more of you
will not be buying their products. NVIDIA’s current line of cards is
very strong and they look to be good products, but as a consumer I would
personally have a hard time giving them my money right now. The only
real power we consumers have is to vote with our wallets.

Hvis det var i Danmark så ville Nvidia havde fået en over næsen af
forbrugerstyrelsen, men nu må det istedet være op til os.

Mvh

Bruno