Mc tyres in Denmark
Fra : matteo v argento

Dato : 24-07-03 13:45

Hi !
It´s my second post (first one was regarding tracks in Dk)
I´ll spend august in Dk with my zx636, and most probably I´ll be forced to
change tyres (after the famous autobahn..... )
Do you know if I can check prices online, or you have an idea of where and
how much it would cost a set of Metzeler M1 Sportec (120-65-17 + 180-55-17)
in Copenhagen and surroundings? Here is between 325 euro (2410 dkk) to 375
euro (2785 dkk) mounted.
Shame on Kawasaki for the infamous /65 front tyre.

Thanks for all, and maybe see you around!
I ride a 2002 zx636 , grey and black

Ciao
Matteo

Socio H. C. del club PPCSP

Fra : MKS - 74

Dato : 24-07-03 14:24

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:44:32 +0200, "matteo v argento"
<sguabro@despammed.com> wrote:

>Do you know if I can check prices online, or you have an idea of where and
>how much it would cost a set of Metzeler M1 Sportec (120-65-17 + 180-55-17)
>in Copenhagen and surroundings? Here is between 325 euro (2410 dkk) to 375
>euro (2785 dkk) mounted.

You probably won't find anywhere in DK that compares to those prices -
Metzeler in particular is often among the most expensive (shitty
importer,also imports Suzuki,so i guess that figures).A typical price
in DK would be around 3-3500 DK mounted

But what you can do (and what a lot of us do) is buy the tires from
Germany,f.ex

http://www.motorradtechnik.de/
http://www.reifenversand.com/

About 275 Euro for a set in your dimensions...

Both will send to DK @ a modest fee (15-20 Euro) and then you only
will have to find a place that will mount the tires,some shops will
charge you a ridiculously high fee if you haven't bought the tires
from them,but it is quite possible to find a shop that will only
charge you 20-40 Euro.

--
-Michael
Aprilia RS250-dele plus div. andre dele til salg på:

Fra : Tony Lorentzen

Dato : 24-07-03 14:32

MKS - 74 wrote:

> Both will send to DK @ a modest fee (15-20 Euro) and then you only
> will have to find a place that will mount the tires,some shops will
> charge you a ridiculously high fee if you haven't bought the tires
> from them,but it is quite possible to find a shop that will only
> charge you 20-40 Euro.

Yeah - I think "Hjulcenteret" will do it quite cheap. You might wanna call
them up before and ask for a price, though. You'll be able to find them
here:

Hjulcenteret i København
City Address Phone / Fax
Brøndby Nyager 8-16
2605 Brøndby 43 45 33 66
43 45 37 02
Herlev Mileparken 37
2730 Herlev 44 91 18 84
44 92 04 05
København SV Bådehavnsgade 20
2450 København SV 36 16 00 20
36 16 58 85
Rødovre Islevdalvej 198
2610 Rødovre 44 94 36 66
44 84 61 90
Taastrup Roskildevej 307
2630 Taastrup 43 99 09 62
43 99 01 03

Cheers,

Tony
Fazer 1000

Fra : Tony Lorentzen

Dato : 24-07-03 14:35

Tony Lorentzen wrote:

> Yeah - I think "Hjulcenteret" will do it quite cheap. You might wanna
> call them up before and ask for a price, though. You'll be able to
> find them here:

Dammit - that came out wrong. Here they are again:

Hjulcenteret
Nyager 8-16
2605 Brøndby
Tel: 43 45 33 66

Hjulcenteret
Mileparken 37
2730 Herlev
Tel: 44 91 18 84

Hjulcenteret
Bådehavnsgade 20
2450 København SV
Tel: 36 16 00 20

Hjulcenteret
Islevdalvej 198
2610 Rødovre
Tel: 44 94 36 66

Hjulcenteret
Roskildevej 307
2630 Taastrup
Tel: 43 99 09 62

Hope that comes out better.

Regards,

Tony
Kilofazer

Fra : matteo v argento

Dato : 24-07-03 14:32

"MKS - 74" <

> You probably won't find anywhere in DK that compares to those prices -
> Metzeler in particular is often among the most expensive (shitty
> importer,also imports Suzuki,so i guess that figures).
ok. point is that I dont like michelin. Pirelli have no diablo in /65 front
so is metz !

A typical price
> in DK would be around 3-3500 DK mounted
3k would be the edge.
places around copenhagen?

> But what you can do (and what a lot of us do) is buy the tires from
> Germany,f.ex
>
> http://www.motorradtechnik.de/
> http://www.reifenversand.com/
>
> About 275 Euro for a set in your dimensions...
>
> Both will send to DK @ a modest fee (15-20 Euro) and then you only
> will have to find a place that will mount the tires,some shops will
> charge you a ridiculously high fee if you haven't bought the tires
> from them,but it is quite possible to find a shop that will only
> charge you 20-40 Euro.
same in Italy.
some f**kers would not even mount them if you didnt buy them there
Thanks a lot !

Ciao
Matteo

Socio H. C. del club PPCSP

Fra : Tony Lorentzen

Dato : 24-07-03 14:37

matteo v argento wrote:

> some f**kers would not even mount them if you didnt buy them there
> Thanks a lot !

That sucks! I specifically asked "Hjulcenteret" in Taastrup when I got the
tires changed on my dad's bike. And they said "yes of course", so if you
decide to order the tires from Germany and have them sent to your
designation in Denmark then be sure to call Hjulcenteret for at price.

--
Tony
FZS1000

Fra : MKS - 74

Dato : 24-07-03 14:51

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:32:20 +0200, "matteo v argento"
<sguabro@despammed.com> wrote:

>ok. point is that I dont like michelin. Pirelli have no diablo in /65 front
>so is metz !

No problem there - Sportec M1's is really fine (sport)tires IMO - it's
just the danish importer that some of us dislikes

>A typical price
>> in DK would be around 3-3500 DK mounted
>3k would be the edge.
>places around copenhagen?

I don't buy my tires in Copenhagen,so someone else better direct you
towards a cheap(ish) shop...some shops will mount the tires for free
when you buy from them.

--
-Michael

Fra : Bjørn S

Dato : 24-07-03 14:59

"MKS - 74" skrev

> I don't buy my tires in Copenhagen,so someone else better direct you
> towards a cheap(ish) shop...some shops will mount the tires for free
> when you buy from them.

Vil ikke blande mig i flere fremmedsprog, 1 er rigeligt , derfor OT
- men nogen fortalte om en annonse eller artikkel fra Touring-nyt, der
skulle være en eller anden privatperson i... Taastrup ?? - som skaffet og
skiftede hjul til billige penge, mest for fornøjelsend skyld... Anyone ??

--
/Bjørn

Fra : Armand

Dato : 24-07-03 15:48

matteo v argento <sguabro@despammed.com> skrev i en

> "MKS - 74" <
>
> ok. point is that I dont like michelin. Pirelli have no diablo in /65
front
> so is metz !
>
> > A typical price in DK would be around 3-3500 DK mounted
> 3k would be the edge.
> >
> > But what you can do (and what a lot of us do) is buy the tires from
> > Germany,f.ex
> > http://www.motorradtechnik.de/
> > About 275 Euro for a set in your dimensions...
> > Both will send to DK @ a modest fee (15-20 Euro) and then you only
> > will have to find a place that will mount the tires,

Have You decided wich route to use for Copenhagen?
If You're surprised of the existence oo alternatives, I'll explain that
there are a possibility to take the ferry from Puttgarten (Germany) and aim
directly towards Sealand (the main island in Denmark, wich have Copenhagen
situated on the eastern side). Othervise is it simple to drive northward at
Hamburg (Germany) and then drive 100km north from the border and then 100 km
eastwards to cross Storebaelt on the largest suspension-bridge in Europe!

If You chose the latest mentioned route are You passing "motorradtechnik.de"
by only 10 km's shortly before the border. At Motorradtechnik they mount the
tires on Your demand, and the price makes even an early tirechange to a
bargain!
If You chose this solution, You will also be able to be accommodated at my
motoclub in Fredericia [ www.mc-chaufforerne.dk ], where several of the
participants of this newsgroup have met each other thru time

--
Armand.
(ZXR400)

Fra : Tony Lorentzen

Dato : 24-07-03 14:28

matteo v argento wrote:

> It´s my second post (first one was regarding tracks in Dk)
> I´ll spend august in Dk with my zx636, and most probably I´ll be
> forced to change tyres (after the famous autobahn..... )
> Do you know if I can check prices online, or you have an idea of
> where and how much it would cost a set of Metzeler M1 Sportec
> (120-65-17 + 180-55-17) in Copenhagen and surroundings? Here is
> between 325 euro (2410 dkk) to 375 euro (2785 dkk) mounted.
> Shame on Kawasaki for the infamous /65 front tyre.

My suggestion for you would be to change tires just before you enter
Denmark - ie. in Germany. The tires are much cheaper there. Maybe in Hamburg
or Flensburg ... depending on where you're coming from...

> Thanks for all, and maybe see you around!
> I ride a 2002 zx636 , grey and black

Maybe we will. From time to time we drive around in northern sealand where
it's possible to find curvy roads and a nice scenery. Also be sure to check
out the Langelinie pier (www.linienmc.com) where danish motorcyclists gather
after work if the weather allows them to.

Hope you have a great vacation here in Denmark.

Kind regards,

Tony
Fazer 1000

Fra : matteo v argento

Dato : 24-07-03 14:48

"Tony Lorentzen" <
> My suggestion for you would be to change tires just before you enter
> Denmark - ie. in Germany. The tires are much cheaper there. Maybe in
Hamburg
> or Flensburg ... depending on where you're coming from...
HH. I´ll think about it.
depends what time I get there!

> > Thanks for all, and maybe see you around!
> > I ride a 2002 zx636 , grey and black
>
> Maybe we will. From time to time we drive around in northern sealand where
> it's possible to find curvy roads and a nice scenery. Also be sure to
check
> out the Langelinie pier (www.linienmc.com) where danish motorcyclists
gather
> after work if the weather allows them to.
Ok.
I will.

> Hope you have a great vacation here in Denmark.
no, is not a holiday. I work for a Danish company. I lived in cph before but
my danish is very very bad.
I also had a very big crash with a drunk swedish driving a pickup, and
crossing with red light in the crossing of Lyngbyvej, in 97.....!
Broke both my arms!
But danish doctors fixed them well, especially the right wrist ( )

Ciao
Matteo

Socio H. C. del club PPCSP

Fra : Erland R. Nielsen

Dato : 25-07-03 12:57

"matteo v argento" <sguabro@despammed.com> wrote in message

> "Tony Lorentzen" <
> > My suggestion for you would be to change tires just before you enter
> > Denmark - ie. in Germany. The tires are much cheaper there. Maybe in
> Hamburg
> > or Flensburg ... depending on where you're coming from...
> HH. I´ll think about it.
> depends what time I get there!
>

> > > Thanks for all, and maybe see you around!
> > > I ride a 2002 zx636 , grey and black
> >
> > Maybe we will. From time to time we drive around in northern sealand
where
> > it's possible to find curvy roads and a nice scenery. Also be sure to
> check
> > out the Langelinie pier (www.linienmc.com) where danish motorcyclists
> gather
> > after work if the weather allows them to.
> Ok.
> I will.
>

> > Hope you have a great vacation here in Denmark.
> no, is not a holiday. I work for a Danish company. I lived in cph before
but
> my danish is very very bad.
> I also had a very big crash with a drunk swedish driving a pickup, and
> crossing with red light in the crossing of Lyngbyvej, in 97.....!
> Broke both my arms!
> But danish doctors fixed them well, especially the right wrist ( )

> Ciao
> Matteo
>
> Socio H. C. del club PPCSP

Sorry about that. Next time in Denmark take care in traffic. We may not
drive as wild as in Italy, but surely a lot of people are a sleep behind the
wheel. And as Armand suggests. Go to Motorradtechnich by Flensburg before
entering the "expensive-tyre-country"
Erland

Fra : Tony Lorentzen

Dato : 25-07-03 13:37

Erland R. Nielsen wrote:

> And as Armand suggests. Go to Motorradtechnich by
> Flensburg before entering the "expensive-tyre-country"

And the "expensive-almost-everything" ... You'll never guess what your ZX636
would cost here in Denmark... =

--
Tony
Fazer 1000

Fra : matteo v argento

Dato : 25-07-03 14:39

"Tony Lorentzen" <
> > And as Armand suggests. Go to Motorradtechnich by
> > Flensburg before entering the "expensive-tyre-country"
>
> And the "expensive-almost-everything" ... You'll never guess what your
ZX636
> would cost here in Denmark... =
I know about bikes, but honestly do not think that living in Cph is more
expensive than living in Milano.
You would be very disappointed!
just to stay IT, this year, if you want to ride in a nice track in italy ,
prices are : 50euro for 30 minutes in Imola (open 4 times a year), 40 euro
for 30 minutes in Monza (10 times a year) , 220 (!!!!!!!!) for a full day at
Mugello
I ride at Lombardore, 15euro for 20 minutes, a very small track.
Should we all move to Spain??

Ciao
Matteo

Socio H. C. del club PPCSP

Fra : Tony Lorentzen

Dato : 25-07-03 17:43

matteo v argento wrote:

> I know about bikes, but honestly do not think that living in Cph is
> more expensive than living in Milano.

I know ... it's generally very expensive living in the big cities. I don't
think copenhagen is specifically expensive, but the taxes on goods and
income are way higher here than in italy and other european countries.

> You would be very disappointed!

I doubt it. How many percent of your income is paid in taxes in Italy?

> just to stay IT, this year, if you want to ride in a nice track in
> italy , prices are : 50euro for 30 minutes in Imola (open 4 times a
> year), 40 euro for 30 minutes in Monza (10 times a year) , 220
> (!!!!!!!!) for a full day at Mugello
> I ride at Lombardore, 15euro for 20 minutes, a very small track.

Yeah that' really sucks... I guess they've realized that their low prizes
attracted too many people and thus decided to heighten their prices. I'm not
familiar with the prices on Anderstorp and Knutstorp in Sweden, but I'm sure
they're lower (rude assumption - I know ... !?)

> Should we all move to Spain??

Would be nice. The weather's also better there than here (although you
really can't complain these days - then again - they say that it's going to
be all rain this weekend, which means no trips along the curvy roads the
next 3-4 days )

Best regards,

Tony
Fazer 1000

Fra : Mogens Dammand

Dato : 24-07-03 23:43

"matteo v argento" <sguabro@despammed.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi !
> It´s my second post (first one was regarding tracks in Dk)
> I´ll spend august in Dk with my zx636, and most probably I´ll be forced to
> change tyres (after the famous autobahn..... )
> Do you know if I can check prices online, or you have an idea of where and
> how much it would cost a set of Metzeler M1 Sportec (120-65-17 +
180-55-17)
> in Copenhagen and surroundings? Here is between 325 euro (2410 dkk) to 375
> euro (2785 dkk) mounted.

Hey

Here is the Danish price:
http://www.suzuki-mc.dk/Information/Priser/prisliste_metzeler.htm