Put WMP on Pause using a command-button
Fra : sjoerd

Dato : 06-07-03 13:22

Hi,

I want to use a command-button to PAUSE the WindowsMediaPlayer. From the
WindowsMediaPlayer1.PlayState I know that pushing the Play/Pause-button on
the WindowsMediaPlayer changes the status from (= Play) into 2 (= Pause).

So I thought code below should work to put the player on Pause. But it
doesn't.

Private Sub Command4_Click()
WindowsMediaPlayer.PlayState = 2
End Sub

Anyone any idea?

Thanks,

Sjoerd

Fra : Heiko

Dato : 06-07-03 14:22

Dear Sjoerd.
asking myself if you aren't able or willing ?
(to see the objectmodel of the WMP)

Private Sub Command1_Click()
WindowsMediaPlayer.Pause
End Sub

Fra : sjoerd

Dato : 06-07-03 19:06

Hi Heiko,

Sorry to disappoint you... Your solution doesn't work "(Object doesn't
support the property or method").
I tried your solution and many others already before I posted my question,
so I did try and i admit I ain't able ;-( yet '-)

Fra : sjoerd

Dato : 06-07-03 19:09

Just forgot. Perhaps other (newer) version of WMP. I use version
9.00.00.3008.

sjoerd

Fra : Heiko

Dato : 06-07-03 21:11

Hello Sjoerd

The Control to use is msdxm.ocx

Windows Media Player 2 ActiveX Control
Version 6.4.07.1119

dated about 1999, which shipped with Visual Interdev.
This has nothing to do with the GUI of your WMP, i use Version 8
parallel. There are several Versions of this Control. Try to download
another.
Heiko