DIAL-UP connect to NW-server???
Fra : Yumashin A.V.

Dato : 01-04-01 10:17

I need to connect by dial-up to my NW4.11 network from a remote location
(Win98SE workstation). Currently the network runs over IPX only.

(Smb. told me NW5.0 and IP will help, but nothing more exactly. Well,
adding - if really necessary - one 5.0 server isn't a problem.)

How can I solve the problem?
Thank you very much in advance.

Alexej Yumashin,
pc-er@mail.ru

Fra : Anders Sekkelund

Dato : 02-04-01 11:50

Why are you asking in this Danish Netware forum ?, you could also try the
news server at : "support-forums.novell.com"

Well i know of 2 possible solutions for your problem:

1. NW4.11

The most affordable solution on NW4.11 is to purchase Netware Connect 2.0
from Novell, which immediately can solve your problem, using standard modems
or ISDN modems.

Or you could purchase Bordermanager 3.6 (more expensive) which has NIAS
(netware connect) functions build in.
With Bordermanager 3.6 Enterprise Edition you get a complete firewall and
VPN solution, which could enable you to connect through internet, instead of
a direct connection.

-Anders Sekkelund, CNE 5