JComponent Orientation
Fra : Chris

Dato : 28-05-03 17:36

Hello...

I've looked, and I've experimented, and I can't figure out how to do
what I want to do.

I have a JComponent, a JTextField to be specific, within a JPanel.
The JTextField centers itself, but I want to specifically set it's
orientation to the left of the JPanel.

Help!!!!

Fra : Peter Lind

Dato : 28-05-03 20:44

"Chris" <chris@supernetpower.com> wrote in message
> Hello...
>
> I've looked, and I've experimented, and I can't figure out how to do
> what I want to do.
>
> I have a JComponent, a JTextField to be specific, within a JPanel.
> The JTextField centers itself, but I want to specifically set it's
> orientation to the left of the JPanel.
>
> Help!!!!

Check your LayoutManager !

A JPanel uses FlowLayout by default, and places all components in a row -
centering the entire row. Set the LayoutManager if you want a different
layout, i.e:

JPanel p = new JPanel(new BorderLayout());
JTextField field = new JTextField();
p.add(field, BorderLayout.WEST);

places the textfield in left side of the JPanel.

see http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/panel.html
for more information.

mvh
Peter Lind