RR : MotoGP - Gibernau i pole - "hyldest t~
Fra : MKS - 74

Dato : 26-04-03 15:47

Fra Eurosport.com :

With Kato's death being announced only a week ago, Sete Gibernau and
the Gresini Honda team were understandably devasted upon their arrival
at Welkom, South Africa, this weekend. The support for them has been
great, however, allowing Gibernau to respond in the best possible
fashion by not only taking his first-ever MotoGP pole, but it was how
he did it.

The Spaniard not only dug deep into a huge reserve of adrenalin, but
later revealed that he could feel Kato pushing him to a higher limit,
setting fastest time after fastest time until he was ultimately out of
sight.

"This is a tribute to Kato," he told Eurosport. "This is the nicest
thing that we could do for him and I am happy that everybody realises
it. I could feel him kicking my butt, saying: 'Go on, you know you can
go faster'. I didn't think I was able too but then It just came. Thank
you to the team for giving me the possibility of doing this - It is
for Kato and his family."

Øvrige tider :

1 Sete Gibernau (ESP) Telefonica Honda Gresini 1:33.174
2 Valentino Rossi (ITA) Repsol Honda 1:33.370
3 Max Biaggi (ITA) Camel Pramac Pons 1:33.386
4 Loris Capirossi (ITA) Marlboro Ducati 1:33.408
5 Shinya Nakano (JPN) Yamaha D'Antin 1:33.548
6 Tohru Ukawa (JPN) Camel Pramac Pons 1:33.586
7 Carlos Checa (ESP) Fortuna Yamaha 1:33.662
8 Colin Edwards (USA) Aprilia Grand Prix 1:33.697
9 Troy Bayliss (AUS) Marlboro Ducati 1:33.756
10 Alex Barros (BRA) Gauloises Yamaha Tech 3 1:33.765
11 Nicky Hayden (USA) Repsol Honda 1:33.838
12 Olivier Jacque (FRA) Gauloises Yamaha Tech 3 1:33.917
13 Jeremy McWilliams (GBR) Proton Team KR 1:33.938
14 Norick Abe (JPN) Yamaha Racing Team 1:34.152
15 Nobuatsu Aoki (JPN) Proton Team KR 1:34.269
16 John Hopkins (USA) Suzuki 1:34.306
17 Kenny Roberts (USA) Suzuki 1:34.646
18 Markato Tamada (JPN) Pramac Honda 1:34.670
19 Noriyuki Haga (JPN) Aprilia Grand Prix 1:34.922
20 Andrew Pitt (AUS) Kawasaki Racing 1:35.128
21 Garry McCoy (AUS) Kawasaki Racing 1:35.566

--
-Michael
Div. Aprilia RS250-dele til salg på:

Fra : Ukendt

Dato : 26-04-03 18:41

> "This is a tribute to Kato," he told Eurosport. "This is the nicest
> thing that we could do for him and I am happy that everybody realises
> it. I could feel him kicking my butt, saying: 'Go on, you know you can
> go faster'. I didn't think I was able too but then It just came. Thank
> you to the team for giving me the possibility of doing this - It is
> for Kato and his family."
>
> Øvrige tider :
>
> 1 Sete Gibernau (ESP) Telefonica Honda Gresini 1:33.174

Hej
Når man ser og læser sådan noget, så kan man godt blive lidt våd i
øjenkrogen.
Det må være svært at abstrahere (muligvis stavet forkeret) fra de sidste par
uger, og så gå ud og sætte bedste tid, det er stærkt
Med venlig hilsen
Bjarne Petersen