Problem with JApplet and DB connection!
Fra : Clemens A Mensik

Dato : 20-03-01 06:47

hi guys,

I'm having an problem with my db connection from my JApplet.
I just wanted to connect to an oracle db with the oracle jdbc-driver
loaded. ...but it doesn't work. I alway gete the following error-
message: java.net.SockePermisseion: cannot resolve <hostename or IP>
- NOTE: the Database is installed on the same host like the IIS I'm
connecting to -
It doesnt' work with the JApplet. But if I do the same thing in a
normal Java Application it works fine. ..but not in the JApplet.

I've also asked some guys from the company I'm working with
but nobody could really help me. Everybody says that it should work
and I've done everything right. ....but I don't think so.

I've heard something that (maybe) it would work with something
like a "signed applet". ...but what's this? ...and how do I use it.

If some of you is having an answer to my problem, please
write a mail directly to my home office: clemensm@chello.at

best regards,
Clemens