OT: If you hate spam as much as I do
Fra : pre

Dato : 22-02-03 20:29

He he.
Det var afslutningen på den mail hvorfra jeg saxede nedenstående opskrift.
Læs og forstå hvorfor. (der er brugt 3 småprogrammer Det er ikke umuligt at
jeg kan få adresserne).

--
mvh
pre

perian(A)postkasse.net

-
I normally never get spam, even though I post to newsgroups and have a
website with an email link to me. That is, you can send me email from my
site but most spammers can't.

Here's how I do it.

1. The email address on my site is in a javascript generated by A.S.S. Maker
(freeware) and does not appear as a normal email link. The javascript builds
the link, but it is never actually a normal MAILTO: link in the html.

2. The email address to which you send me email from my site is an alias.
Look at the source and you'll see what I mean. If that address does start
getting spam, I'll just get another alias.

I use an alias from nonagsplus.com, because it's free to members. I can have
up to five aliases, and I can remove old ones and add new ones, up to the
limit of five.

3. To make life more sporting for spammers, I have a page on my site that
contains 2,000 bogus email addresses. It was generated by Fake Email
Creator(freeware). The addresses look real. I may increase this to 10,000 or
50,000. That way, spam bots will get 2,000 (or 10,000 or 50,000) addresses
that don't work and will bounce right back to the spammers server.

4. I use MailWasher (freeware, but a donation removes the nag), which I run
prior to Outlook Express. It runs without downloading messages, which can
help prevent viruses.

I mark spam in MW (It also marks the ones it thinks or knows are spam), and
it (a) bounces them back to the sender, claiming my address doesn't exist,
and (b) does the same thing forever after with all future mail from that
sender. However, the bounce feature only works if the spammer cares, and
most don't.

5. My return email address in my newsgroup posts is invalid. I can still be
contacted, of course, as many of you know.

6. I use an ISP which, as far as I know, does not sell my email address. I
hope, I hope.

Fra : pre

Dato : 23-02-03 13:35

Opfindsomheden kender ingen grænser, se dette smarte trick Forudsætningen er
at adressen indsættes som hyperlink og får den behørige farve og
understregning (jeg har prøvet, det virker):
Another trick is to encode the "@" symbol that spambots use to identify
email addresses... e.g.

mailto:form@nylon.net ... becomes ...
mailto:form&#64nylon.net

The &#64 is a digital version of the "@" symbol. It appears to browsers
as "@" and behaves like "@", but spambots searching HTML pages don't
recognise it and continue their Borg-like search for addresses to
assimilate.

The extra-paranoid of you could encode each character in the email
address as numeric values to make it super-cryptic.

--
mvh
pre

mailto:perian&#64postkasse.net