Test av biloljer vs. MC oljer
Fra : origo@earthling.net

Dato : 12-03-01 15:21

Nedenstående link er et utdrag av en av de tests jeg har lest omkring
bilolje i MC motorer, jfr. forøvrig posting i tråden "Motorolje". Den er
riktignok fra 1994, men argumentene var de samme den gang, og jeg har stadig
til gode å se en test som beviser det motsatte av de resultater man kom til
den gang. Undersøkelsen ble foretatt på
http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/oiltest1.htm

Et par utdrag fra artikkelen:

"In any case, again I could find nothing to support the argument that
automotive oils were somehow less effective than motorcycle-specific
lubricants when used in a motorcycle"

"There is no evidence that motorcycle-specific oils out-perform their
automotive counterparts in viscosity retention when used in a motorcycle."

The Oil Companies Reply
--------------------------
At Spectro Oils we talked to three different company spokesmen, all of whom
were helpful and provided us with a great deal of information about their
products. Unfortunately, despite our repeated requests for the testing data
on which their advertising claims were based, the 15 pages of "Lubrication
Data" they supplied us contained nothing that could not be found in their
regular advertising and marketing packages. No verifiable testing data has
been forthcoming.

When asked why the Spectro 4 petroleum product sold for $5.00 a quart when
comparable automotive oils could be found at less than $1.50 a quart, a
Spectro spokesman insisted theirs was "a superior, premium petroleum
product, with expensive, shear-stable additives that should outperform
automotive oils." That being the case, it should have been the perfect
product for our testing.