FrontPage Error Message Translation Needed
Fra : Rafcolectr1

Dato : 19-12-00 05:02

Hi All-
I've been using FrontPage to upload my website now for the past couple of
weeks. Up until now, I've had no problems, everything has worked beautifully.
However, in my last upload, as it was uploading some images, I recieved the
error message: 'Server Error: Error writing to file:' followed by the address
of the jpg I was trying to upload.
On the upload box, it tries to upload the .jpg, and then when that is complete,
it says 'Processing Web Updates'. On the little progress meter that's there, I
get that after about three or four blocks have gone up- not very far. That's
the last message I get before the error box pops up.
I've been uploading the same types of files for the past few weeks, I'm not
doing anything that I didn't do before.
Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? Is there something wrong on my end,
or is it on the end of the server for my website? My website works fine at the
moment, so the server works that way.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Dave Schwind at rafcolectr1@aol.com

Fra : Rasmus Vedel

Dato : 19-12-00 09:03

"Rafcolectr1" <rafcolectr1@aol.com> wrote in message

> error message: 'Server Error: Error writing to file:' followed by the
address
> of the jpg I was trying to upload.

I had the same problem some time ago wit WorldOnline.
They told me, that the only thing I could do was to disable FP extensions at
the serverside, ftp to my domain and remove everything, enable FP extensions
again and THEN upload the entire website again.

Not a smart soloution, but it worked to me.

I don't know if this is only relevant to customers of WorldOnline og if it
is a general Microsoft Problem.

Rasmus