a "mysterious" group...
Fra : magoparanoico

Dato : 05-01-03 22:22

hi, i'm sorry that i'm writing in english but i don't know danish.
i have a strange question for you, i want to discover the name of a
"mysterious" danish (i think) group.
last summer i was in kobenhavn in the first days of august and i was
in nyhavn.
at the end (or at the beginning, i mean near the big square, above
public toilet) of nyavn there was a group that was playing a song and
probably shooting a video.
they are 7 boys. they were playing an electric violin, a guitar, a
drum, two trumpet and a cello (i think). one of them just sang.
they were playing an happy and a bit silly song and they were dancing
in an odd way. they seemed not too serious. the song was about summer
or sun or something like that (it was in english) and maybe it was a
summer hit in danemark.

can you help me and tell me which is the name of that group? and maybe
also the name of the song? i would like to listen it again?

(i have also a photograph of them if it is necessary to identify them)

bye and thanks

--
magoparanoico
http://magoparanoico.tripod.com

Fra : Martin Petersen

Dato : 05-01-03 22:39

"magoparanoico" <m@goparanoi.co> skrev i en meddelelse
> hi, i'm sorry that i'm writing in english but i don't know danish.
> i have a strange question for you, i want to discover the name of a
> "mysterious" danish (i think) group.
> last summer i was in kobenhavn in the first days of august and i was
> in nyhavn.
> at the end (or at the beginning, i mean near the big square, above
> public toilet) of nyavn there was a group that was playing a song and
> probably shooting a video.
> they are 7 boys. they were playing an electric violin, a guitar, a
> drum, two trumpet and a cello (i think). one of them just sang.
> they were playing an happy and a bit silly song and they were dancing
> in an odd way. they seemed not too serious. the song was about summer
> or sun or something like that (it was in english) and maybe it was a
> summer hit in danemark.
>
> can you help me and tell me which is the name of that group? and maybe
> also the name of the song? i would like to listen it again?
>
> (i have also a photograph of them if it is necessary to identify them)

I'd like to see that photo. Could you upload it in news:dk.binaer (if
you have access)?

- Martin

Fra : magoparanoico

Dato : 05-01-03 23:12

>I'd like to see that photo. Could you upload it in news:dk.binaer (if
>you have access)?

ok. i have just posted it. the title of the message is the same.

Fra : Per Madsen

Dato : 05-01-03 23:10

magoparanoico <m@goparanoi.co> wrote:

> hi, i'm sorry ...
>
> can you help me and tell me which is the name of that group? and maybe
> also the name of the song? i would like to listen it again?
>
> (i have also a photograph of them if it is necessary to identify them)
>

> bye and thanks
>
> --
> magoparanoico
> http://magoparanoico.tripod.com

It could be a Norwegian band called Kaizers Orchestra,- although I don't
think they use cello's and violins.

http://www.farmenas.com/kaizers.htm

Perhaps you could post the picture of them on your (nice) website...
--
Per Madsen
www.ecotox.dk

Fra : magoparanoico

Dato : 06-01-03 00:13

i have received the answer:
Neil Brophy Band
http://www.neilbrophy.com

great!

Fra : Lagerhead

Dato : 06-01-03 00:46

> i have received the answer:
> Neil Brophy Band
> http://www.neilbrophy.com
>
> great!
> --
> magoparanoico
> http://magoparanoico.tripod.com

Hey
Here's a bit more info for you...
The band is currently recording their debute CD to be released late spring
2003.
The song they were videoing was "Shorts And Shades (On Summer Days)".

Cheers

Esp