Help with java Othello/Reversi program
Fra : Jenna

Dato : 24-12-02 15:35

Hi everyone,

I'm writing a program Othello/Reversi, and i'm having troubles doing the
minimax and alpha beta pruning. I know the minimax and alpha beta, but
coding it is difficult, as i'm doing my best to learn java, and have to
finish the program within the next three and half weeks.

Thanks to everyone who is helping,
And i wish you all a very happy christmas.

Jenna.
xx

Fra : Ulrike Jahnke-Soltau

Dato : 24-12-02 17:01

Jenna wrote:

> I'm writing a program Othello/Reversi, and i'm having troubles doing the
> minimax and alpha beta pruning.

Do you mean java or javascript?

If you speak German, you may find this link helpful, exspecially the
last 2 chapters: (javascript and quirks)

http://www.gamecraft.de/texte/making_of_reversi.shtml

or this (more common):
http://home.tiscalinet.ch/t_wolf/tw/misc/reversi/html/
http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~l3d/courses/CSCI5582-97/lectures/winston-ch6.pdf