Mafia, jeg hænger fast.
Fra : Gråmus

Dato : 06-12-02 20:06

Øv... nu hænger jeg fast igen. Jeg skal røve 1 national bank, har været ude
at køre i S-tog med Pauli, hørt hans plan. Skiltes og jeg tog til Yellow
Pete for at få våben, har stjålet en super bil, kører til Pauli og dyter i
hornet, men han kommer ikke ned .....
Kan nogle give mig et lille hint

Fra : Morten Sørensen

Dato : 06-12-02 22:36

Jeg er ikke selv nået dertil i spillet, men jeg ved, at der er flere herinde
som har spurgt om det samme, så du burde kunne finde hjælp i nogle af de
tidligere indlæg.

Mvh.
Morten

Fra : /Ole

Dato : 06-12-02 23:13

Der findes et (stort) hav af henvisninger til walk-thoughs lidt længere
nede, ellers er google din ven.

/Ole

Fra : Kasper Damkjær

Dato : 06-12-02 23:44

Gråmus skrev: (messageID: <news:asqsg7$3ie$1@sunsite.dk>)

> Øv... nu hænger jeg fast igen. Jeg skal røve 1 national bank, har
> været ude at køre i S-tog med Pauli, hørt hans plan. Skiltes og jeg
> tog til Yellow Pete for at få våben, har stjålet en super bil, kører
> til Pauli og dyter i hornet, men han kommer ikke ned .....
> Kan nogle give mig et lille hint

Jeg er ikke helt sikker, men noget kan tyde på, at du skal forbi Lucas og
løse hans lille quest først for at få den rigtige bil. Men det er måske
allerede hvad du har gjort?

--
Kasper Damkjær
http://www.damkjaer.net/jul/

Fra : Gråmus

Dato : 07-12-02 06:58

> Jeg er ikke helt sikker, men noget kan tyde på, at du skal forbi Lucas og
> løse hans lille quest først for at få den rigtige bil. Men det er måske
> allerede hvad du har gjort?

Jep. Jeg har snart læst flere 'Walk throu's' og der står at man blot skal
hente Pauli efter at man har fået bilen og skynde sig til banken.

Suk ...

mvh

Fra : HJ

Dato : 06-12-02 23:59

THE MISSIONS - SOLUTIONS

1: An Offer You Can't Refuse

We're beginning with an introduction and a scene of Tommy walking inside a
bar in Lost Heaven to meet a certain detective. Yep - it's 1938, and you
decided to become a grass for the cops. The story of your mob career will
now be told in a big flashback to the detective you've met.

Now for a photo - a $100 bill from the 1990s is supposed to be a 1930s one.
Good Lord, I think even Dan Quayle would notice that. Oh well, let's begin,
anyway.

You begin as a taxi driver. One evening, two gangsters, chased by a carful
of competitors, run to your cab and, with a couple of Colts, persuade you to
drive them "anywhere, and fast". It's now your task to lose the tail. The
gangsters chasing you are also shooting at you and the passengers. Try to
lead them into street lamps, walls, and other cars - making them hit the red
streetcar is a good thing to do. Seems that the game may cheat here and,
after you lost the gangsters, teleport them nearby once again. Nevertheless,
it's not too difficult to lose them. After that, you'll need to drive to the
bar owned by Don Salieri, a mob boss of Sam and Paulie, the two gangsters
you've just saved. There they will shoot you...

....up with money (heh! :), as a reward for saving them. And that's it.

2: The Running Man

Some realism here - life before that of a gangster :). As a cabbie, pick
people up and drive them where they want. Don't drive recklessly, or you
will scare the passengers.

After a while, you will end up nearby Salieri's. Suddenly, the hoods whom
you lost last night will come after you. They tracked you down, and now you
need to run for Salieri's Bar. Zig-zag and take cover, as they'll be
shooting at you. Run guided by the arrows, through the small alleys, not the
main streets.

Once you enter the bar, you're safe. The chasers will try to enter it, too
(what the hell? Don't they know what this place is?), and they'll end up
dead - and that's not drunk dead.

3: The Molotov Party

You are now officially in the Family. Too bad there won't be a ceremony of
you getting made after making your bones (didn't they know about those Mafia
traditions? Guess not...), but here's your first job - torch Morello's cars.

Drive to his car park and stop nearby. Walk in using the back entrance and
run with the baseball bat at the guard in front; hold fire for more punch.
Knock him down and torch the cars; finish off the third one with the bat.
Now get out of here.

4: Ordinary Routine

Collecting protection money is your next task. Drive the boys around until
you get to the gas station. Trouble awaits there... Morello's taking over
it, and his boys grabbed Sam to beat out some information from him. Get
behind the house and if the dog is near, shoot it - if not, you can climb
the table under the balcony without shooting the mutt. Climb onto the
balcony and get inside. Run into the first room and pick up the Tommy; now
quickly switch to the Colt and kick the bathroom door to finish the guy
inside. If two gangsters are running at you from the back now, finish them
off with the Tommy; if not, climb down crouched and ambush them there. Now a
big fight awaits inside the main room. Shoot from the corridor, taking cover
and making the gangsters waste their ammo; when they reload, fire at them.
Leave the one with Tommy for the end. Do him and another guy who runs out,
and go for Sam. After the cut scene, yet another fight will begin - and then
a car chase. You need to get the money from the fleeing mobster. Drive after
him, shoot him and try to push him offroad; he should crash near a sharp
corner, so finish him there.

If you're heavily wounded during the fights, run upstairs to collect a
medikit from the second bathroom.

5: Fair Play

Racing time! To help the Don win a bet on his driver, go steal a racing car
that his opponent will use (it's out of town), and drive it to Luca to
damage its engine a little. Be quick but very careful not to damage the
Bugatti, and avoid the cops (it's night, and there aren't too many of them
out there, though). After Luca's done, drive back.

Surprise, surprise... turns out that Salieri's usual driver broke his arm
when he used it to hit a baseball bat travelling at him with high
velocity... and thus, you will need to participate in the race. Gee, I
didn't see THAT coming, oh boy, was I surprised here... NOOOT. This seems to
be the most difficult mission for a number of people, but it's actually not
too hard. You didn't buy a racing game, you wail? Well, you will have to
play it now, anyway. Unfortunately, it's not the NFS series, and your
Bugatti is not a MacLaren. Still, you'll need to win. Five laps await you.

Try to get a lead immediately by bumping into your opponents while everyone
is still slow, to push their cars off the right tracks. Now go, go, go! Do
not cut the corners, as the little old car will go in a spin very easily.
Once you spin and stop with your back to the front of the track, or ride out
of the track and stop in the sand pits, it will be very difficult to
continue. Don't give up then, though - even if you suddenly drop from
position 1 to 13, continue driving slowly, if only to learn the layout of
the track better and use this in the next attempt.

I completed this on the second attempt (in the first one I was leading after
the first lap, then forgot what I was driving and went into a looong
spin...) and I don't consider the mission particularly difficult... the
shootouts that are in store for you are much worse - at least here nobody is
tossing grenades at you! ;) There should have been only three laps, though -
it's boring and repetitive the way that it is now. It helps to use a
joystick for this mission, anyway. I actually didn't try playing this
mission with the keyboard yet... perhaps it's harder that way. :)

6: Sarah

Luigi the bartender asks you to accompany his daughter Sarah, since a bunch
of hoods gave her trouble last night... so help him out. Pick up Sarah and
go for a walk. Of course, the hoods will show up soon. Take them out,
collect their weaponry if you wish, and be careful not to let them hurt
Sarah when she runs off into the alley. Deal with the punks and escort Sarah
home. Treat her well, because she's your (soon-to-be) wife... Yes, it's time
for Cliche #535839053: Love At First Sight, and Cliche #28429042: That Nice
Girl Immediately Falls For This Bad Guy.

And what follows is stored in the game's animation files named, errm, "Tom
F..." and "Sarah F...". (What's "f..."? Why, "fudgepacking", of course )

7: Better Get Used To It

The Don is pissed with a capital P. It's about the punks who harassed Sarah,
so you and Paulie need to break a few heads. Get some equipment fro Vincenzo
and go ask Biff for the location of the hoods. Get there and the fight
begins.

Remember to protect Paulie during the fight, as you're heavily outnumbered.
Use only the bat (don't take the crowbar that the hoods drop, it's less
efficient) until one of the hoods shoots at you. (By the way, before that
point, you'll encounter a guy who just walked out to feast his eyes on you
breaking the heads of those hoods, whom he himself hates - don't hit the
poor man, as I did first in the heat of the battle :).

Now waste the scum, collecting the Guns 'N' Ammo ;) that they drop. The
leaders of the gang, one Billy and An Unnamed Accomplice, will now get away.
Chase them with your car until they crash in an alley.

It's killing time. Soon, you will learn that wiping out Billy the Hood
brought trouble on you.

8: The Whore

A little slut has a tongue that is too long - unfortunately, she's not using
it the way she should, eh? The point being, she's a grass, and Salieri wants
her dead. And while you're in her brothel, torch it down, since the owner
doesn't like to pay the don. Oh - kill the owner, too.

Get inside the brothel and go to the last floor - the whore is inside a room
to the left, taking a bath. Unfortunately, we don't get to do a Psycho-like
scene here; instead, stupid Tommy takes pity on her and lets her go
(triggering BAAAD things in a not-too-distant future, as I obviously
expected)... so now go down and ask the receptionist about the manager. Go
where he directed you. The manager is dining there. I suggest the following
strategy: crouch behind him and pull out the gun. Finish him off, get his
guard before he starts shooting, and WAIT hidden there; kill the guards who
run inside and get their guns. Shoot the guy with the shotgun ASAP - this
weapon will be very useful soon.

Now run up to the owner's room, getting his keys from the reception first.
Be careful, there's a guy waiting inside the target room, ready to blast
you.

Clean out the room, blow it up, watch a cutscene. Now for an escape from the
cops.

Climb the ledge and go upstairs, then through the two blue doors. You can
wait here and ambush the cops running after you, or just run to meet more of
them. Take them out and watch out for the one armed with a rifle. It's good
to take cover and remain crouched most of the time, as the cops will be
hiding on the roofs, behind chimneys, and shooting at you.

When you're ready, get to the damaged tower of a church, and meet...

9: The Priest

Get downstairs, grab the medicine and crouch near the door. Hold the shotgun
and open the door. Gee, it's Cliche #55: Out Of All Churches In A Big City,
Our Character Went Into The One Where A Man Whom He Killed Is Being Buried,
And All Of The Killed Man's Friends Happen To Be Inside Just At That Very
Moment, All Heavily Armed And Craving Revenge, Of Course. Oh well, at least
Don Morello didn't choose this church and this time to drop in for some
confession. That would've been a riot, right?

OK - after the cutscene, blast the guy running at you. Now you can pick the
gangsters inside the church - the cop's rifle should be good here. Take
cover, and don't forget the guy above the entrance. After a while, a few new
mobsters will run in and try to finish you off. Afterwards, talk to the
priest (I was expecting him to figure more prominently later, but that's all
you'll see of him) and get back to Salieri's, avoiding the cops.

10: A Trip To The Country

The opening - a photo of modern whisky bottles pitifully trying to play
smuggled Prohibition ones... fortunately, the mission itself is much better
than the photo.

It's night and you go to pick up some smuggled Canadian whisky from a farm
outside the town. Canadian, eh? Eh? ;-P

Nice, ambient place! But it smells fishy. Paulie suspects something bad and
sends you out to investigate. The farm looks and sounds busy, but it's
empty. That is, until you open the door of the lonely truck. Keep the weapon
ready before you do it, as you will find a body inside and will be attacked
by the killers right away. Waste them and run for Paulie. If you feel brave,
you can take on the gangsters chasing you, shooting them before they do unto
thee as thou dost on them :). More hoodlums will emerge near the bridge, but
the boys should take care of them.

Once you get to Paulie, you will have to return and save The Friend In
Constant Trouble (alias Sam). Waste the gangsters while you approaching the
barn; Paulie will budge the door open - cover him, as a welcome committe
will be inside. Deal with them and climb the stairs, ducked - eliminate all
gangsters on the way and get to Sam. Get ready for more fighting, too, as
three cars full of crooked cops and more gangsters will drive in. When you
deal with them, escape...

Now Paulie drives and you sit in the back of the truck. Remember the C64
game "The Train"? (You don't? Get lost, kid, you're too young to play
"Mafia"!) That's more or less what awaits you. Shoot the three cars chasing
you with your Tommy until they crash, and you'll reach the city. Get to
Salieri's.

11: Omerta

(Opening photo: a 17th century flint pistol is supposed to imitate a
sawn-off shotgun, apparently because it's short and its shape is similar to
that of a shotgun, when you look at it from a distance, in a dark room, with
half-closed eyes and while wearing sunglasses. Agh! Who is responsible for
those photographs?!?)

There's a rat in the family, and it's your friend Frank, the consigliere...
He turned to the cops, it turns out, and will spill the beans soon. The
Family is shocked, and Salieri wants him dead. More importantly, the account
books which threaten the Family, must be retrieved before the prosecutors
grab them from Frank.

Go ask the two stoolies about Frank's location. No luck there, but you get
another name. Go talk to the bald guy. He's not very cooperative, so smack
him a little (just don't kill him... not before he tells where Frank is kept
;)

Go to Frank's location with a fast, powerful car. A cutscene will play and
you will need to chase the agents' bulletproof car, whose driver is
apparently one insane agent, as he drives too fast, crashes into things and
runs people over. Oh - the car won't show on the map, but it's going north,
for the airport. Chase it there.

Now get away before it runs you over. Go inside the building, crouched, and
use the "make'em waste their ammo" strategy to eliminate the agents. Chase
Frank now - it's a good idea to kill the agents running with him before they
stop and fire at you; just don't hit Frank.

When you finally grab Frank, it turns out that he's not a stinking old rat
after all. The agents kidnapped and threatened to kill his family, employing
worse-than-the-mob tactics since they're cooperating with Morello and a
council man who happens to be the father of Billy the Hood.

(Wow, that's a nice circle, isn't it? Cliche #10: All Enemies Will Be
Somehow Related)

Frank just asks you to free his wife and kid, and let them off alive. Go to
the small building nearby and kill the agents around it. Now run inside and
immediately shoot the Concerned Citizen making the call - otherwise, he'll
manage to get the cops here.

Talk to Frank's wife now and go back to Frank. Now run to the first building
and grab the tickets from there. Bring them back to Frank. He stands up to
the challenge, like a true, traditional, honorable wiseguy. He is ready to
die, and just wants to say goodbye to his wife and daughter, and see them
off as they fly away to the Old Continent.

Naturally, you just let him go with them, though. All you need now are the
books that Frank had to give over to the agents. Simply drive to the bank
and get them, now go to Salieri's. Lie about Frank, telling that you killed
him... and that's it.

12: Visiting the Rich People

A big-time prosecutor is after Salieri, and you'll need to steal some
documents that threaten the don. A safe-cracker will go with you to open the
safe where they're stored, but the rest is up to you.

Pick up Salvatore the burglar with a fast care and drive up the mountain
road to the prosecutor's villa. Have Sal break into the garden and hide
behind the statue nearby. Crouch there and tel Sal to wait there, hidden.
Now get the bat and follow the guard to the left. Whack him, take his
shotgun and the key.

You can now try to knock down the other guards; if they notice you, though,
or the fat maid finds a body, go for the alcove and take them out from there
as they approach. When the coast is clear, get Sal and head inside the
house. Whack the damn maid, too... Don't switch the lights on; in fact,
switch them off everywhere :).

Search the upper floor and make Mr Prosecutor unhappy by doing nasty things
to his wife. Now go into his room and have Sal crack the safe. Uh-oh! The
prosecutor is back! And he found the body of a guard!

Run out and blast the bodyguard waiting from you. Now simply run next to the
wall and get out of the garden the way you came in. Avoid more fighting and
don't kill the prosecutor if you see him. Now drive Sal back and return to
Salieri's.

13: A Great Deal!

Time to meet Bill Gates. Yep, a character named William Gates from Kentucky.
(Fortunately, they didn't make him look like Bill Gates... I was afraid that
they might do that, in a cheap attempt at a joke). Gates is a moonshiner who
offers Salieri some great whisky, and you need to pick it up.

Drive to the parking lot and run to the top floor - don't pull out the gun
on the farmers. Cutscene, ambush, Gates bites it, you need to fight.

A good way is to get nearby the hoodlums' cars and fire at them until they
blow up. There are barrels of fuel all over the lot, too, so blow them up as
well. Clear all floors with the boys behind you, and go get the truck with
the whisky.

Now you have to drive the extremely flammable contents back to Salieri's
warehouse, with gangsters chasing you and shooting at you. You can cheat the
game a bit here, though, by getting out of the truck immediately and going
to the left to kill the gangsters waiting there. Sometimes they may remain
in their cars and you can blow them up quickly (and see some interesting
burned bodies inside...). Cops may get interested in you, too, so you may
have to kill some and wait for the wanted level to drop.

14: Bon Appetit!

Drive the don to Pepe's restaurant for a dinner... and watch an ambush.
Things are tough. Run out the back door and kill the gangsters you
encounter, collect their weapons and wipe out the hoods waiting on the
stairs (there are more upstairs, too). You can shoot the ones outside
through the window.

When you're don, Salieri figures his bodyguard Carlo sold him out, so drive
to Carlo's flat and chase him outside. He's in his underpants only, but he
has a gun and a few friends. They're no match for an angry don and his
henchman, though, so just dispose of them and you and the don are ready to
go back.

15: Happy Birthday

To intimidate Morello's paid politicians, Salieri decides to rub out the
most active of them in public. A great assassination mission awaits you!
Drive the the steamboat where the politician is going to be. Unfortunately,
the guards won't let you in. Don't try to attack anyone - just go to the
building behind you and pick a sailor uniform there. Now go onto the boat.

(Before I noticed the door leading there, I ran down the street and around
the docks looking for a sailor, since I thought that perhaps I should find
one, whack him and take his uniform off his body... :) I also attacked the
couple waving the boat passengers off, thinking they might carry an
invitation in their pockets :)

Here, find the locked men's room. The gun is inside, but to get in there, go
to another toilet and pick up a bucket there. Now talk to the big
disgruntled sailor, and he'll agree to open the men's room if you clean it.
Sure, buddy, whatever you say...

Get the gun, hide it and wait fpr the politician to come out and began the
speech. Kill him now! Then run to the bow, where Paulie awaits you in a
motor boat. Escape and read about your daring stunt in the papers.

(A small note - inside the bar on the steamboat, there's a glass of wine you
can drink. You could try repeating this a few times and waiting for the
results... :)

16: You Lucky Bastard

Meet Morello's brother. Kill Morello's brother. Kill him again. And again.
:)

You need to drive Paulie so he can hit Sergio Morello. Do it. Unfortunately,
Paul whacks the wrong guy - just some schmuck who picked up the phone when
Paulie was expecting Morello. Too bad! Now your second attempt: you have to
blow up Sergio while he's driving. Get to his house, park there and hide
behind your car. Watch the guard in front of the mansion and wait until he
goes inside. Now quickly run to Morello's car and attach the bomb.

Whoops! You blew up some girl instead! After a really bad joke ("That's a
HOT dame!"... groan... oh, brother...), you will get to drive Paulie (a fast
car here, bub) for yet another assassination attempt. Do that... but Morello
gets out alive once again, and this time it's Tommy's fault (Not yours - the
Thompson's :).

Now that you goofed so many times, don sets you aside and sets other
enforcers to take out Sergio. They laugh at you, but they'll get punished
soon... and Sergio will escape again. Chase him - he's fast - all the way to
the docks.

Clean out the guys waiting for you and try to get into a truck or a small
car parked some way to your left. Driving them, you can run over most
mobsters, but watch out for the snipers! To the right of the docks, a box of
grenades awaits you near the big locomotive, so you can stock up on them.
There's a medicine box nearby, too. Your target is in the other direction,
however, so go there, eliminating any resistance. When you reach the big
warehouse where Morello's car is, take out the snipers and set the tracks so
that they lead from the two cisterns to the warehouse. Now kick the wooden
block from under the cistern (you have two of them if you goof up once -
just watch the position of the tracks when you push the levers that move
them), and use it - and a cigarette - to, well, open the warehouse door.

Throw some grenades inside to get rid of Morello's bodyguards and go get the
man himself. Sergio's luck ran out, it would appear...

17: Creme de la Creme

Finally, it's time to take out don Morello - and Paulie knows how. Drive to
the theatre where Morello is - you will assassinate him there. Only you
won't, because he will escape :).

Chase him - don't bother shooting, his car is bulletproof, and it will all
soon take place in another location :). Due to bugs, or with cheats, it is
possible to kill him by destroying his car - e.g. pushing it and rolling
into the sea ;) - but the scripted path is the best one :).

Morello will drive out of town and reach the old familiar airport. There
your car breaks down. Sam and Paul try to fix it; you run after Morello.
Waste the two guys who run to greet you, and don't move near the hangar, or
you'll trigger a key scene. When the two gangsters are dead, run towards the
big hangar and shoot at the engines of Morello's plane. Try to get one of
them on fire if you can. Sam and Paul will drive by now - get in, grab a
Tommy and shoot at the plane's engines. When it gets up, engines in flames,
shoot it some more... and watch the cutscene.

(Don't bother walking toward the crash site, it was apparently only
pre-rendered in a cutscene, and the actual location is probably somewhere
outside the main map... :)

Drive Sam and Paul back to the bar and you're done.

18: Election Campaign

A splendid, atmospheric mission. Aye, that un's a beaut, sirrah! :)

Salieri's growing power makes him more power-hungry and arrogant. Now he
wants to take out a politician campaigning for the position of the mayor.
This time it's a quiet job, so to say... and it involves sniping the target.
Go get a sniper rifle from Vincenzo and drive to the abandoned prison with
the high tower. You can knock down the man waiting by the manhole; if you
want more action later, leave him alive. Either way, climb down there and go
into the sewer.

(Here, I was actually expecting a sewer maze and a change of plans, with the
assassination taking place from the sewer - the way that don Joe Bonanno
claims John F. Kennedy was really shot :)

Get out the other manhole. You can shoot the dogs now, as they may give you
problems later. Go into the prison. Open the grating and hear the sounds.
Ahh... now that's an ambient AND a damn nasty place. Exploring it is quite
creepy, so you could give it a try :). Either way, someone is upstairs... so
go there armed.

It turns out that it's actually a bunch of someones - a gang of hobos took
this building for their HQ, apparently, and they don't like visitors. Deal
with them... but there are more waiting upstairs, and they're armed with
shotguns.

After a heavy fight, you will get to the very top (a guy should fall down to
his death here :). Put down the shotgun and get the sniper rifle. Aim for
the small island. Your target is the man making the speech. Ready, steady...
go. From this distance, it can take two shots, so if you see him kneeling
down, merely wounded, finish him off before the guards cover him.

Now grab the shotgun and run down, where the dogs were. Shoot the lock and
open the door. If you left the manhole worker alive, he'll be there talking
about you to two cops - waste them with some buckshot.

You can pick up their car or go for yours - or steal something - and get
back "home".

19: Just for Relaxation

I thought the opening smelled fishy... I was actually expecting the boys to
try and whack me at two points in the game, especially after I saw the
"symbolic" hearse leaving Ralphie's! :)

Anyway, Salieri wants you to steal some... cigars? Yes, some damn cigars.
All right then, go.

(Note: NEVER bump into any of the Family boys with your car... if you do,
they'll all treat you as a traitor and will go after you, as I found out
here :). With Sam, Paulie, Ralph, Luigi and a bunch of other boys chasing
me, I went berserk, ran inside the bar and emptied the gun into Salieri!
And then I loaded a savegame ;)

Drop Sam off and go for the truck with Paulie. He has an idea that neither
you, nor Sam accept at the time. We'll see about it later... Follow the
truck and when it drives inside a warehouse, go down the alley and block the
way out with your car. Wait for the truck now, shoot it and knock the driver
down when he runs out. Take his papers. Now go to your car quickly and move
it so that it's easy to drive out of the alley! Otherwise, Paulie may die!
Yes - he's a moron :) and when I played this, he went into the car, couldn't
drive it out and bumped it around until he trashed the thing and himself :).
Park it for him correctly and he'll just drive off ;).

Now take the truck and go for the harbor. Pass some guys speaking in Czech -
an Easter Egg, apparently - and go to the last warehouse. You can now play
the proper way or go gung-ho at the foreman and all the guards ;). Playing
properly, do what he says and get the workers nearby to help you with
carrying his crates. Then talk to the foreman again and when he walks away,
quickly stash up the objects of Salieri's desire into your truck.

Now get the boys and drive for Salieri's warehouse. Uh-oh, the don is
ripping you off, it seems. Paulie is rather unhappy and so are you. Time to
think over Paul's earlier idea...

20: Moonlighting

....which was robbing a bank without Salieri's agreement and without giving
him a cut (the first is a misdemeanor in the mob world, the second is a
major offense, in fact). Tommy accepts it, Sam is out, and so you're getting
ready for the Big Heist.

Take the train with Paulie. Discuss the plan. Now get a fast, powerful car -
the Roadster, for instance - and go to Yellow Pete's to get some weaponry. A
Tommy and a shotgun would be nice.

Go get Paulie and drive to the bank. Get inside, take out a gun and run in.
Get to the left now and kill the guard running downstairs. Now go help
Paulie with the other guard. Pick up the keys from behind the counter and
run upstairs for the director's room, eliminating two guards. Get the keys
from the director, run down to the vault, kill more guards and steal the
money. Pick up one more money wad that Tommy missed :) and run back to
Paulie. Now drive for the hideout, hopefully avoiding any cops... and you're
done.

21: The Death of Art

It's the final mission. And it opens with one dead Paulie. Yes... someone
got to Paulie's, took the money and riddled him full of lead. Not good, not
good at all.

The phone rings - and it's Sam. Salieri found out about the bank job and
wants to punish you. Paulie's already punished, but Sam can help you out.
Run out without a gun - just avoid the cops on the stairs - and drive for
Yellow Pete's. Stock up heavily there and go for the museum.

A small revelation will follow. Paulie - and you - learned that the old
Mafia truth that Henry Hill and Sammy Gravano make a point of in their
biographies is valid: you don't get a warning, and it's your friends who
come to end you, smiling and friendly until the very minute that they kill
you for breaking the rules. And so it was Sam who whacked Paulie;
apparently, he's also the one who told Salieri about the bank job business.
What's more, the slut from "The Whore" was found by Salieri's boys and so
they learned that you let her off alive. Suspicious at that, they even
learned about Frank's survival - and went after him, killing him in Europe.

It's now time to pay for disobeying the don.

Waste the guys at the ground floor and clean out the museum, room by room,
stage by stage. Killing the gangsters - who can move and be placed
randomly - triggers cutscenes and open doors. Try to take them out from a
distance, especially since some of them carry grenades. A rifle from Pete is
useful here. Of course, pick up the guns they drop and get medicines.

You will finally corner Sam. He'll be running around a gallery, shooting at
you, so snipe him until he staggers away, bleeding. Follow the trail of
blood, *crouched and gun ready*, and when Sam jumps from behind a wall, pump
a load in him.

Time for Cliche #12: The Traitor Is Mortally Wounded But Still Manages To
Deliver A Long Expository Speech While Standing.

The missions end here, with you whacking Sam and deciding to become a grass.
The outro follows. If you really want to know how the whole saga ends, right
now, here it is... the major spoiler:

Salieri's gang is brought down by the police. Tom's testimony at the big
trial sends the don away for life. Tom and his family get a new identity, a
new house and a new job. Years later, he is visited by two men while
attending his garden. The men - mob hitmen - greet him in Salieri's name and
whack him. Happy ending, innit! :)

(Judging by Tom's looks, it's at least 25 years after the trial... is
Salieri still alive after that time? Riiight...)

Here the ending spoiler ends :).

I know your think there is only 20 missions, well thats correct, Fairplay is
split into missions 5 & 6 in the game, I have just called it mission 5, so
no emails please. MACK

There are other, optional missions, too. Luca Bertone can give you some -
they involve tracking a prostitute, saving his friend, and more, but they're
just optional, for relaxation, so to say :). The other ones are in Free Ride
Extreme, available from the menu after beating the game. Those are more
tongue-in-cheek, and they're optional, too.

ENDING

Fra : Gråmus

Dato : 07-12-02 07:00

> 20: Moonlighting
>
> ...which was robbing a bank without Salieri's agreement and without giving
> him a cut (the first is a misdemeanor in the mob world, the second is a
> major offense, in fact). Tommy accepts it, Sam is out, and so you're
getting
> ready for the Big Heist.
>
> Take the train with Paulie. Discuss the plan. Now get a fast, powerful
car -
> the Roadster, for instance - and go to Yellow Pete's to get some weaponry.
> Tommy and a shotgun would be nice.
>
> Go get Paulie and drive to the bank. Get inside, take out a gun and run
in.
> Get to the left now and kill the .....

Jep det er udført men Paulie kommer ikke ned når jeg dytter med hornet ...

Jeg tror at jeg vil prøve endnu engang at spille banen om fra start.

mvh

Fra : Morten Sørensen

Dato : 08-12-02 15:51

Jeg gennemførte mafia i går, og havde ingen problemer med denne opgave. Jeg
stjal den bil, som Lucas Bertoni henviste mig til, efter at jeg havde udført
en lille opgave for ham. Derefter kørte jeg hen til Paulie og dytter foran
hans lejlighed. Derefter kommer han ned. Så du må have misset et eller
andet.

Jeg havde dog et lignende problem på en af missionen, hvor jeg skulle køre
ud til et lager med noget spiritus. Der måtte jeg spille banen om, og jeg
udførte det hele på samme måde en gang til. Anden gang kom jeg så videre i
spillet.

Så måske det er din computer, som er kørt lidt varm eller der er en fejl i
spillet

Mvh.
Morten Sørensen

Fra : Gråmus

Dato : 08-12-02 16:48

"> Så måske det er din computer, som er kørt lidt varm eller der er en fejl
> spillet

Sikkert. Jeg byttede lidt rundt på opgaverne og kom så videre. Fra banken
stjal jeg en bil og kørte til Yellow Pete, derfra til Lucas og retur, så til
Paulie (som nu kom ned) og så afsted for at stjæle bilen.

Spøjst.

mvh