KELLY (me) NEEDS help with a VB6 CODE!!!! ~
Fra : Kelly Smith

Dato : 04-12-02 18:03

Hello,

Desperately need help programming a Visual Keyboard. I am a newbie VB-6
programmer. I am struggeling with something. Unfortunately I didn't find any
code for what I want, my Virtual Keyboard to do.

I made a lovely interface. Keyboard exists with command buttons. Allmost the
same as Microsoft Visual Keyboard, but mine isn't working .
I cannot call ALT, SHIFT, ESC, MENU, TAB, BACKSPACE, F1, F2... buttons and
also have problems finding code for sending Keys to previous window (or the
box where I click with the mouse, into a place where I want to write with my
VKeyboard). I use OnTopMost for my Form (Keyboard).
I found something that first opens a notepad and than sends the key. It has
to send keys to any application that uses texboxes, like I-explorer,
notepad, E-mail, etc...

Example:

Private Declare Function OemKeyScan Lib "user32" (ByVal wOemChar As
Integer) As Long
Private Declare Function CharToOem Lib "user32" Alias "CharToOemA"
(ByVal lpszSrc As String, ByVal lpszDst As String) As Long
Private Declare Function MapVirtualKey Lib "user32" Alias
"MapVirtualKeyA" (ByVal wCode As Long, ByVal wMapType As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function SetKeyboardState Lib "user32" (lppbKeyState As
Byte) As Long
Private Declare Function GetKeyState Lib "user32" (ByVal nVirtKey As
Long) As Integer
Private Declare Sub keybd_event Lib "user32" (ByVal bVk As Byte, ByVal
bScan As Byte, ByVal dwFlags As Long, ByVal dwExtraInfo As Long)

Private Const KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY = &H1
Private Const KEYEVENTF_KEYUP = &H2
Const VK_Q = 81
Private Sub Command29_Click(Index As Integer)
Shell "C:\WINNT\Notepad.exe", vbNormalFocus
keybd_event VK_Q, 0, 0, 0 'Q Key
keybd_event VK_Q, 0, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP, 0
End Sub

Please can someone help me, or guide me on this? I am trying programming it
for months now (I am a beginner)! Please send me an e-mail, because I could
mis your msg (my e-mail is power@cable.a2000.nl)

Thanks A LOT! xxx

Fra : Francois

Dato : 03-01-03 19:42