delete and rename form with in visual basi~
Fra : Maaz

Dato : 29-11-02 12:29

Hello I have create two form in Visual basic.How do i delete the 1st from
when i press on button and rename the 2nd from to first one.i want program
to automatically delete form and rename other form to form i deleted when
button is pressed in exe file of the project

Fra : Sparky

Dato : 01-12-02 02:23

I'm not being funny but why would you want to do this? Please explain the
bigger picture because there may be a way of making life easier for you and
avoiding this situation altogether.

Please reply to the group so's everyone benefits.

Cheers,

Sparky.

Fra : preben nielsen

Dato : 01-12-02 11:58

"Maaz" <mabowath52@rogers.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hello I have create two form in Visual basic.How do i delete the
1st from
> when i press on button and rename the 2nd from to first one.i
want program
> to automatically delete form and rename other form to form i
deleted when
> button is pressed in exe file of the project

Why ??????? (and then a few more ??????????????)

If it's because you refer to the for by name in many places then
you are doing it wrong !

--
/\ preben nielsen
\/\ prel@post.tele.dk

Fra : Devo F

Dato : 01-12-02 18:52

"preben nielsen" <prel@post.tele.dk> wrote in message news:<3de9eb26$0$237$edfadb0f@dread16.news.tele.dk>...
> "Maaz" <mabowath52@rogers.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> ..
> > Hello I have create two form in Visual basic.How do i delete the
> 1st from
> > when i press on button and rename the 2nd from to first one.i
> want program
> > to automatically delete form and rename other form to form i
> deleted when
> > button is pressed in exe file of the project
>
> Why ??????? (and then a few more ??????????????)
>
> If it's because you refer to the for by name in many places then
> you are doing it wrong !

Until, and unless, we have a clear picture of what your final
objective is, it is difficult to come up with a solution.

DF

Fra : Maaz

Dato : 01-12-02 19:22

what i want to do i s make shareware program.what i want is that in one form
it has limited programs and other with full function that i make.so when
user enter serial # the first form is deleted and second one is renamed.this
is what i want.or if u guys have other solutiong on making my program demo
and shareware please let me know.

Fra : Sparky

Dato : 01-12-02 19:56

Aha! Now I gettit!

Well, I'd suggest making your life a bit easier, using only one form. This
is how I'd do it:

On that form, create a function (you could make it public and/or put it in a
module if you like) as follows:

' ----------------------------------------------------
function IsTrial() as boolean

if "we're running a trial version" then

msgbox "This functionality is not available in this trial version.
Please upgrade to the full version", vbInformation

else

IsTrial = true

end if

end sub
' ----------------------------------------------------

Now, when a user tries to use functionality (still on that one form) that
you wish to restrict, then put a call in to this funciton. If it returns
true, then do what ever the functionality is supposed to do. If not, do
nothing. Rest assured that this little function will already have let the
user know why nothing else happens.

' ----------------------------------------------------
Private Sub Command1_Click()

if not IsTrial then

' Do the required functionality, safe in the knowledge that if it's
a trial then the user will be informed as such by the IsTrial function.

end if

end sub
' ----------------------------------------------------

Another option for commandbuttons and menus would be to disable them in
Form_Load if the program is running as a trial version.

--
Please reply to the group so that everyone benefits.

Fra : Maaz

Dato : 02-12-02 12:52

guys thankx for reply.can u please make file in vb as u described below and
send me.i am newbie to vb.it will appriciate it

Fra : Maaz

Dato : 02-12-02 22:00

Fra : Slaatje

Dato : 30-11-02 10:04