Sending emails to
Fra : pallex

Dato : 25-11-02 18:31

Hi.

I`m in the UK and i`m trying to send an sms, via email, to a customer
of TDC in lovely Danmark! Should I be sending messages to
PhoneNum@sms.tdm.dk? I`ve tried a few other addresses and they just
bounce back.
I guessed that maybe www.tdc.dk would be the place to look, and that
takes me to a teledanmark site, and it looks like THEIR addresses are
sms.tdm.dk, but i`ve no reply yet!
Maybe my friend has to do something with their phone, or have TDC
enable something for emailed SMSs to work? My UK phone company charges
me for each message sent to my phone via email, but my Danish friend
has never been charged this way, at telia nor mobilix. Perhaps TDC are
less altruistic?

Thanks for any help,
Alex.

Fra : Jochke

Dato : 25-11-02 18:49

Hi Alex.

The operators in Denmark have for about ½ year ago closed all e-mail to sms
gateways. So you can't send sms via mail.

/Jochke

Fra : pallex

Dato : 26-11-02 11:29

"Jochke" <ask@me.com> wrote in message news:<artnke$nu5$1@news.cybercity.dk>...
> Hi Alex.
>
> The operators in Denmark have for about ½ year ago closed all e-mail to sms
> gateways. So you can't send sms via mail.
>
> /Jochke

Thanks for replying. Well, Telia allowed this up until a week ago when
my friend changed operators. Can you think of any reason why TDC is
having trouble accepting a normal SMS from a UK network (T-Mobile)
though? Is there some international gateway for SMSs too, which may be
configured wrongly (or deliberately) so it doesn't allow them in from
abroad? They`re getting them ok from within Denmark! I`d prefer to use
emails as they cost me 10p, and international SMSs are 20p, but if
it's that or nothing...

Thanks,
Alex.

Fra : Michael Kjærsgård

Dato : 26-11-02 15:16

> Thanks for replying. Well, Telia allowed this up until a week ago when
> my friend changed operators.

Telia and Sonofon still allows this.

> Can you think of any reason why TDC is having trouble accepting a normal SMS from
> a UK network (T-Mobile) though?

Maybe because T-Mobile refuses to pay the Interconnect-fee to TDC for every sent
SMS?

Well, you can SMS danish phones (also TDC) from different places on the internet.
Try to check my list at http://www.vindenand.dk/sendsms (well, it's on dansih, but
you can probably use the links)

--
Michael