flashquestion pictures from the net in a s~
Fra : Jurgen

Dato : 28-09-02 12:55

hi all...

Is it possible to use only an url to put a picture on your scene.
for example http://www.wetterspion.de/c03.gif
I want that picture in my scene... without copy and past... because the
picture constantly changes.

thanks a lot

Fra : Mikkel Schultz

Dato : 28-09-02 23:03

"Jurgen" <jurgen.francois@pandora.be> wrote in message
> Is it possible to use only an url to put a picture on your scene.
> for example http://www.wetterspion.de/c03.gif
> I want that picture in my scene... without copy and past... because the
> picture constantly changes.

Try to put this in the action for the specified frame:
(the idea behind the script is to create an empty movieClip, load a picture
into the clip and then place the clip on af specified location on the scene)

this.createEmptyMovieClip("placePicHere", 1);
this.placePicHere.loadMovie("http://www.cnn.com/2001/SHOWBIZ/books/02/26/mic
rosoft.books/story.gates.jpg");
setProperty(placePicHere, _x, "100");
setProperty(placePicHere, _y, "200");

OBS: I don't think it's possible to import gif files into Flash during
runtime... Sad but true..?!?! Correct me if I'm wrong..

/Mikkel

Fra : Jurgen

Dato : 29-09-02 14:06

tnx...

can i get this picture then in my library
oh btw why doens't it work for gif's