lidelse og den kristne
Fra : Live4Him

Dato : 30-07-02 11:30

I dag modtog jeg en mail med en artikel om lidelse. Artiklen indeholder bla.
denne fine lille historie, som jeg hermed deler videre :

~ A LITTLE STORY – A young man and woman were on their honeymoon, when they
went into a little antiquity shop. The new bride found a vase that she
wanted to purchase but they couldn’t find the shop owner. They called for
him, but could not see him. Finally he replied, “I am out back, can I help
you?” The young man said, “My wife would like to buy this vase, can you
come back in the store so we can buy it from you?” The shop owner said,
“Not right yet. I can’t leave this fire.” The young man, curiously asked,
“What is it you are doing that is so important, that you can’t leave the
fire and take our money?” The shop owner said, “I am melting this gold to
purify it.” The young man asked, “Well, how long will it take?” The old
man replied, “Well, it is hard to tell. Some gold takes only a short time
over the fire; other gold may take a longer period of time to purify.” The
young man replied, “Why can’t you step away just for a moment?” “Because”,
the shop owner replied, “If I take this precious metal off of the fire to
soon, the impurities will harden into the gold, it will be flawed. But if I
leave it on the fire to long, it will be ruined and worth nothing.” The
young man asked one last question; “Well, how do you know when the gold is
finished?” The owner plainly stated, “I know the process is complete when I
can see my reflection staring back at me!”

jørgen
--
http://www.sermonaudio.com/