Landau-Lifschitz-Gilbert (or LLG) equation~
Fra : jamesj_jin

Dato : 27-07-02 13:44

I am going to solve a differential equation arising in micromagnetic
simulations (this is used
for example when simulating computer disks or other small magnetic
components).
In a uniform effctive magnetic field H, the variable magnetization M(t) =
(M1(t),M2(t),M3(t))T satisfies
the Landau-Lifschitz-Gilbert (or LLG) equation:

dM/dt = H ×M + a M × (H ×M). (1)

Here H(t) = (H1(t),H2(t),H3(t))T is a given effective field, anda is a
given damping parameter.
Here × is the usual vector cross product.

In addition the initial magnetization must be known:
M(0) =M0 (2)
where M0 is a given vector.

I wonder if there is some free java code out there! please help!!

thanks very much!

//james

Fra : Thorbjoern Ravn Ande~

Dato : 27-07-02 13:53

"jamesj_jin" <jinja@cs.man.ac.uk> writes:

> I am going to solve a differential equation arising in micromagnetic
> simulations (this is used

If you cannot program that yourself, then you are better off by
finding a computer at your educational institution with Mathematica,
and use that.

It will even plot the solution for you.
--
Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen
http://homepage.mac.com/ravn

Fra : Filip Larsen

Dato : 27-07-02 16:41

"jamesj_jin" wrote

> I am going to solve a differential equation arising in micromagnetic
> simulations [...]
> I wonder if there is some free java code out there! please help!!

Perhaps you can use Janet: http://www.fys.dtu.dk/~janet/

BR,
--
Filip Larsen <filip.larsen@mail.dk>