scrollable menu bar
Fra : IceHawk

Dato : 12-02-01 21:36

hello. I'm building a website, and I'd like to know how to make a scrollable
menu to the left. You know...one that's free of the page. Could anyone tell
me how?

Fra : Jens Peter Karlsen

Dato : 13-02-01 07:26

Read up on frames.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Fra : Ross Peplow

Dato : 14-02-01 01:46

YEAH frames is what ya need !!
but it can look messy with that nasty gray bar down the side, but you can
change its colors if you like with CSS here is a copy of my code take a look
then see what it looks like on my homepage.

Ross Peplow
Home: www.binaryforge.co.uk

Fra : Ross Peplow

Dato : 14-02-01 01:52

Oops forgot here you go

body {background-color: #B5BBBD;
scrollbar-3dlight-color:#6A7182;
scrollbar-arrow-color:#758BAB;
scrollbar-base-color:#6A7182;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#6A7182;
scrollbar-face-color:#B5BBBD;
scrollbar-highlight-color:#6A7182;
scrollbar-shadow-color:##6A7182;
}
--------------------------
Ross Peplow
Work: www.whiteraven.co.uk
Home: www.binaryforge.co.uk

Fra : IceHawk

Dato : 14-02-01 03:33

I still can't seem to get it to work! argh...

Fra : Jens Peter Karlsen

Dato : 14-02-01 07:45

Requires IE55 to work.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Fra : Ross Peplow

Dato : 14-02-01 17:22

You must put a link from the HTML page to the CSS file like this*
To make a CSS file put the code I posted before in a text doc (.txt) but
rename it to (.css) then put it in the same dir as your HTML and it should
work. But yes as Jens Peter Karlsen has said you do need I.E 5.5 for it to
work.

*
<head>
<title>Binary Forge</title>
<!-- Site Design and upkeep by Ross Peplow using Homesite 4.5a Email
binaryforge@btinternet.com -->
<LINK rel="STYLESHEET" type="text/css" href="nameofcssfile.css"/>
</head>