DVD-RW on newer Mac - any experiences?
Fra : Per Erik Rønne

Dato : 23-05-02 19:24

I've got a Macintosh G4/867 with an internal DVD burner. It is said to
be a DVD-RW burner - but does anybody have any experiences with it?

--
Per Erik Rønne
Frederikssundsvej 308B, DK-2700 Brønshøj, DENMARK, EUROPEAN UNION

Fra : Phil Lefebvre

Dato : 23-05-02 20:37

In article <1fcnkaa.17iw2881lww8z1N%serse@diku.dk>, PerRonne@mac.com wrote:

>I've got a Macintosh G4/867 with an internal DVD burner. It is said to
>be a DVD-RW burner - but does anybody have any experiences with it?

You need Roxio's Toast 5, or the Write DVD Pro suite from Software
Architects to burn DVD-RW. You can also trick iDVD to use a DVD-RW by
starting the process with a DVD-R disc, then quickly ejecting it and
putting in a DVD-RW.

--
Phil Lefebvre
Chicago, IL

Fra : Per Erik Rønne

Dato : 23-05-02 21:44

Phil Lefebvre <p-lefebvre@GOnwu.edu> wrote:

> In article <1fcnkaa.17iw2881lww8z1N%serse@diku.dk>, PerRonne@mac.com wrote:

> >I've got a Macintosh G4/867 with an internal DVD burner. It is said to
> >be a DVD-RW burner - but does anybody have any experiences with it?

> You need Roxio's Toast 5 ... to burn DVD-RW.

I'm using Roxia Toast Titanium 5.1.3.

But does Retrospect 5.0.205 support DVD-RWs too? DVD-RW seem to be just
perfect for backup.

Fra : Phil Lefebvre

Dato : 24-05-02 04:38

In article <1fcnqv9.1sd4f9u1r2aj0N%serse@diku.dk>, PerRonne@mac.com wrote:

>But does Retrospect 5.0.205 support DVD-RWs too? DVD-RW seem to be just
>perfect for backup.

I think it either does, or they are working on it "Real Soon Now." Ask
Dantz for a more exact answer.

Fra : Rich Stultz

Dato : 24-05-02 22:45

serse@diku.dk (Per Erik Rønne) wrote:

> Phil Lefebvre <p-lefebvre@GOnwu.edu> wrote:
>
> > In article <1fcnkaa.17iw2881lww8z1N%serse@diku.dk>, PerRonne@mac.com wrote:
>
> > >I've got a Macintosh G4/867 with an internal DVD burner. It is said to
> > >be a DVD-RW burner - but does anybody have any experiences with it?
>
> > You need Roxio's Toast 5 ... to burn DVD-RW.
>
> I'm using Roxia Toast Titanium 5.1.3.
>
> But does Retrospect 5.0.205 support DVD-RWs too? DVD-RW seem to be just
> perfect for backup.

I have a G4/933 with a superdrive and Retrospect supports the DVD-RW
just fine. It takes about 2hrs per DVD-RW however.