Java Site looking for help
Fra : Ben Black

Dato : 12-05-02 16:37

My aim apart from taking over the world (but doesn't everyone dream of that)
is to make a huge Java resource site full of source code, news, information
and help. But why bother when there are sites like Java Boutique or Jars?
Well because other sites are slow, totally full of big adverts, messed up
and don't provide detailed information. plus where is the feeling of
community?

So I started up my own Java resource site, it is called Cookie Nest and is
found at the rather surprising address of http://www.cookienest.com. The
reason I'm writing this message isn't to advertise (or you might think I'm
spamming), but is to ask for your help from the Java community and where
better than on the news groups. Please just have a look at these categories
of help below and see if you can help.

Submit Applet, Applications, Beans, Tutorials, Articles
If you have written any of the above, please submit them to the site, it
doesn't take long and you'll get to find out what other people think of
them. Follow these steps if you want to do this:
· Sign up so we know who you are (this will take 10 seconds) -
http://www.cookienest.com/cgi-bin/sign_in.cgi?what=show. Of course if you
have already done this you don't need to do it again.
· Submit the file to one of these places:
o Applet -
http://www.cookienest.com/cgi-bin/submit/submit.cgi?what=show&cat=1
o Applications -
http://www.cookienest.com/cgi-bin/submit/submit.cgi?what=show&cat=2
o Beans -
http://www.cookienest.com/cgi-bin/submit/submit.cgi?what=show&cat=3
o Tutorials -
http://www.cookienest.com/cgi-bin/submit/submit.cgi?what=show&cat=4
o Articles -
http://www.cookienest.com/cgi-bin/submit/submit.cgi?what=show&cat=5

Submit Java Site to the Java Top 100
If you have a Java site why not submit it to the Java Top 100. It is a list
of Java sites and depending on how many people vote for it and visit it from
the list the higher it will be. The higher it is up on the list the more
people that will visit it. You can have a look at the Java Top 100 here -
http://www.cookienest.com/cgi-bin/java_top_100/list.cgi. If you want to
submit a site to it follow these steps:
· Sign up so we know who you are (this will take 10 seconds) -
http://www.cookienest.com/cgi-bin/sign_in.cgi?what=show. Of course if you
have already done this you don't need to do it again.
· Submit the site to
http://www.cookienest.com/cgi-bin/java_top_100/submit.cgi?what=show and then
wait for it to be reviewed.
· Place the very attractive vote icon on your website and then wait.

Projects
I'm looking for new Java projects to host; when I say host I mean all the
screen shots, demos and latest news about the project. What you get out of
it, is a place for everyone to know about your Java project and also a place
to ask the public what you should do. You could have a poll about what the
main character should be.. plus you get your own personal forum so you can
easily chat to everyone helping with the project. All I need is a big Java
project, any project will do, but I'm specially looking for a
game/graphic/sound project. All you need to do is contact me at
ben.black@cookienest.com.

Moderators or Hangers
There are several forums on the site and if you know about Java you can
become the controller of one (or several) of them. You'll have all the
responsibility of looking after that forum and helping people learn about
the wonderful language of Java or just simple to have a good old chat.
Contact me at ben.black@cookienest.com.

Tutorial Writers
I've started on my own tutorial - Java Manual, which helps you learn the
basics of Java. But we need big tutorials (more than one page) on other
complex issues, for example you could do one on the Java 3D API. Contact me
at ben.black@cookienest.com

Part Web Master
Help run and update the site, come up with new ideas and basically be a web
master. Contact me at ben.black@cookienest.com

News Reporter
Find exciting new news from the world of Java. Keeping your ear to the
ground listening out for new developments with the language and then telling
the visitors all about it. Again contact me at ben.black@cookienest.com.

Interviewers
Find interesting Java people and interview them. Simple. Again contact me at
ben.black@cookienest.com.

I think you have the idea here, basically email me at
ben.black@cookienest.com, I'll reply to every single one. Just get in
contact and I'll see if we can make it possible.

Ben Black
Cookie Nest Webmaster
ben.black@cookienest.com
http://www.cookienest.com