making this game work
Fra : Sjoerd

Dato : 24-04-02 10:53

I'm writing a game for my daughter. It's the memory-game (finding two images
with the same picture by turining them). At this moment the game works.
There is only one thing I have to solve.

How can I realize that every time I play the game the order of images is
different?

I have 16 different pictures (cat, dog, duck, monkey, snake, etc). . I have
4 rows of 8 pictures each. So every picture is used two times.

How to make the following examples work?

game 1:
---------
picture1 = dog
picture2 = cat
picture3 = duck
picture4 = dog
picture32 = ...

next game:
---------
picture1 = cat
picture2 = monkey
picture3 = snake
picture4 = duck
picture32 = ...

next game:
---------
picture1 = ...
picture2 = ...
picture3 = ...
picture4 = ...
picture32 = ...

Anyone a suggestion? More suggestions are welcome!

Sjoerd
svo@home.nl

Fra : Harald Staff

Dato : 24-04-02 11:36

Hi Shoerd

Try this little routine (written for 8 pictures only, you take it from
here):

Option Explicit

Type Selector
ImgNo As Integer
SortNo As Double
End Type

Dim Order(1 To 8) As Selector
Dim Img(1 To 8) As String

Sub DealImages()
Dim i1 As Integer
Dim i2 As Integer
Dim TmpSelector As Selector
'set values:
Img(1) = "dog"
Img(2) = "dog"
Img(3) = "snake"
Img(4) = "snake"
Img(5) = "cat"
Img(6) = "cat"
Img(7) = "fish"
Img(8) = "fish"
For i1 = 1 To 8
Order(i1).ImgNo = i1
Next
'shuffle:
For i1 = 1 To 8
Randomize
Order(i1).SortNo = Rnd
Next
'sort:
For i1 = 1 To 7
For i2 = 1 To 7
If Order(i1).SortNo > Order(i1 + 1).SortNo Then
TmpSelector = Order(i2)
Order(i2) = Order(i2 + 1)
Order(i2 + 1) = TmpSelector
End If
Next
Next
'display:
For i1 = 1 To 8
MsgBox Img(Order(i1).ImgNo), , "Image " & i1
Next

End Sub

HTH. Best wishes Harald