Help wanted with repair on my VFR750 -97
Fra : Peter Svensson

Dato : 10-02-02 21:32

I would be very happy if someone could help me with this or if
someone could tell me what value the resistor R1 has!!!

Background story:
I was drivining my favourite road last summer when suddenly the bike
just died. What I didnt know what that my voltage regulator was
broken since (probably) a time back. I had only drived small
distances so I havent noticed that, but when on my favourite road
there was to much (way to much) current from the generator to the
rest of the system.

That meant fried battery, broken voltage reg, broken CDI-box. But
when this parts was changed (of course the insurance company didnt
help me...) the motorcycle seemed to work fine again except for my
speed meter.Now you maybe wonder why it is so important to have the
speed meter working. It is the rpm meter that is interesting really
isnt it? Well, due a shortage in money and the time spent with my
newborn daugther I have to sell my VFR, and it will probably be
easier if this meter is working....

Now I have unscrewed the instrument panel and looked at the little
circuit board under the speed meter (the rest of the instruments work
fine) and the resistor R1 has burned beyond recognition, so I cant
see what value to replace it with.

I am aware of that it could be more things on the circuit board that
is broken, but I dont have a lot of money right now, so I want to try
and repair it.

When I talked to my service center, they told me that they didnt
posess schematics at that low level.

I have written an email to the japanese company Nippon-Seiki that has
manufactured this circuit borad, but I havet got any answers from
them.

So, if you in any way could help me it would be much appriciated.

Peter Svensson
pesv@bigfoot.com
www.bigfoot.com/~pesv

ICQ:4540690