Creating a information balloon in frontpag~
Fra : Allan Green

Dato : 08-02-02 20:22

Hello All!

I have been trying to find an answer for this one for over two months.

How can I create balloon hovering messages on my website using FrontPage
2000. The type I mean is the same as when you put the cursor over a printer
icon and a highlighted text says 'Print'.

Can anyone help? I have tried looking in the Microsoft data base and found
nothing. I even wrote the publishers of 2 FrontPage books I have and have
gotten no response.

Thanks,

FrontPageCraze

Fra : Mike Scirocco

Dato : 08-02-02 22:52

http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~hofman/jsexp/explballoon.html

will these work for you? do you have a url that has the kinds of
balloons you are interested in?

Fra : Allan Green

Dato : 09-02-02 06:29

To see an exact example of what I want simply go to one of the icons ontop
of your browser and let the cursor hover over it.

Thanks again!

Fra : John Goette

Dato : 18-02-02 00:41

Hi Allan:
My name is John and I am writing you from San Diego. Anyway, I am trying to
put together a web site for my wife's business. For now it will be static but
eventually I'll be adding all the bells and whistles. I've tried to use
FrontPage in the past (a couple of years ago) and it seems to require a lot of
thought to use the darn thing. Do you know where I can go to download a
tutorial or templates to jump start my efforts?
Thanks!
John

Fra : Jens Peter Karlsen

Dato : 18-02-02 07:31

http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/FPT2002.aspx

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

FAQ for the microsoft.public.frontpage.* newsgroups

Fra : Kerry

Dato : 21-03-02 21:45

--
Kerry

Fra : Kerry

Dato : 21-03-02 21:59

Hi Allen:

Here's a sample http://www.bigislandforum.org/reunion/smlpops.htm of the
various popups that can be done with FrontPageCraze's suggestion of
http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/

Here's one instance of where we have used them
http://www.bigislandforum.org/reunion/context1.htm.

Note: They do not display correctly (jerky and not as location specific) on
Macs with IE, iCab, NC or Opera5, however, I made the decision, based upon
six years of stats showing that the vast majority of our browsers are PC
users, to opt for using overLIBs.

I also would like to find out how to do balloons.

Fra : Mike Scirocco

Dato : 16-03-02 01:20

Try This Allan,