"Helium" please?
Fra : Daniel Molnar

Dato : 24-01-02 14:13

Reposting a letter I sent to DR the other day. I am naive to hope someone
here can help me: =)

Dear Danish Radio,

a few years ago I was travelling through your beautiful country, listening
to danish radio, and you played a song which everyone in the car liked very
much, and I have been trying to locate this song ever since.

I am now wondering if you have records showing what you have played and if
you could help telling me the performer of the song, please.

The date was september 6th, 1997, around 7 pm. The song I am looking for was
a humoristic (jazz/blues) tune and probably is titled "Helium".

I am not sure that it was in p3, but it was most certainly a "dr" station
that we listened to broadcasting popular-music.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Daniel Molnar

Fra : Gizmoduck

Dato : 24-01-02 15:58

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:13:01 GMT, "Daniel Molnar"
<murmix.news@chello.se> wrote:

>Reposting a letter I sent to DR the other day. I am naive to hope someone
>here can help me: =)
>

>Dear Danish Radio,
>
>a few years ago I was travelling through your beautiful country, listening
>to danish radio, and you played a song which everyone in the car liked very
>much, and I have been trying to locate this song ever since.
>
>I am now wondering if you have records showing what you have played and if
>you could help telling me the performer of the song, please.
>
>The date was september 6th, 1997, around 7 pm. The song I am looking for was
>a humoristic (jazz/blues) tune and probably is titled "Helium".
>
>I am not sure that it was in p3, but it was most certainly a "dr" station
>that we listened to broadcasting popular-music.
>
>Thank you very much in advance.
>
>Kind regards,
>Daniel Molnar

it appears like dr radio only keeps the playlists from 2002 on their
homepage :/ so it seems like you'll have to count on dr to respond to
your letter...

--

Gizmoduck

"I feel like I'm on pins and needles
How many bands can rip-off the Beatles?
And every day there is another
Band that gets big by playing a cover"

Suicidal Tendencies "Pop Songs"

Fra : Daniel Molnar

Dato : 24-01-02 16:12

"Gizmoduck" <gizmoand@nospamworldonline.dk> wrote in message
> On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:13:01 GMT, "Daniel Molnar"
> <murmix.news@chello.se> wrote:
>
> >Reposting a letter I sent to DR the other day. I am naive to hope someone
> >here can help me: =)
> >

> >Dear Danish Radio,
> >
> >a few years ago I was travelling through your beautiful country,
listening
> >to danish radio, and you played a song which everyone in the car liked
very
> >much, and I have been trying to locate this song ever since.
> >
> >I am now wondering if you have records showing what you have played and
if
> >you could help telling me the performer of the song, please.
> >
> >The date was september 6th, 1997, around 7 pm. The song I am looking for
was
> >a humoristic (jazz/blues) tune and probably is titled "Helium".
> >
> >I am not sure that it was in p3, but it was most certainly a "dr" station
> >that we listened to broadcasting popular-music.
> >
> >Thank you very much in advance.
> >
> >Kind regards,
> >Daniel Molnar
> >

> it appears like dr radio only keeps the playlists from 2002 on their
> homepage :/ so it seems like you'll have to count on dr to respond to
> your letter...
>
> --
>
> Gizmoduck

Yes, I already got a negative reply from DR, so my hope is someone here
knows this song,

oh well...

I will keep searching, thank you for your attention.

/Daniel

Fra : nikolaj borg

Dato : 24-01-02 16:13

"Daniel Molnar" <murmix.news@chello.se> wrote in message

> The date was september 6th, 1997, around 7 pm. The song I am looking for
was
> a humoristic (jazz/blues) tune and probably is titled "Helium".

Could you tell us a bit more about the song? Were there lyrics? Jazz/blues
does not sound much like the usual P3 music, but I can't think of another
station that plays popular music. the 6th of september 1997 was a saturday,
which could explain why they'd play that sort of music. I'm not sure which
program was on at that time back then, though.

Have you tried checking the songs called Helium on www.allmusic.com or
www.cddb.com? There's a song called Helium on a Trainspotting album from
1997, but I doubt it was jazz/blues.

/Nikolaj

Fra : Uffe Holst

Dato : 24-01-02 21:56

In an article of 24 Jan 2002 nikolaj borg wrote:

> Have you tried checking the songs called Helium on www.allmusic.com or
> www.cddb.com? There's a song called Helium on a Trainspotting album from
> 1997, but I doubt it was jazz/blues.

Considering the year, I would imagine this is the song in question. But
I suppose the only way he can tell is to find the album somewhere and
have a listen.

The jazz/blues does indeed not sound very much like P3, however a bit
of trance might be a tiny bit more possible. The album is not called
Trainspotting, but rather Trancespotting.

See:

<http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=353838718/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/ArtistID=VA-TRANCESPOTTING/ITEMID=390014>
--
Uffe Holst

Fra : Jan Holm

Dato : 24-01-02 16:16

google is your friend, could this be it

1606 CD CUT 1, "HELIUM"
COMP JOHN FORSTER
LIMOUSINE MUSIC CO (ASCAP)
PHILO CD 1214 (THROUGH FESTIVAL)
JOHN FORSTER - "HELIUM"
3' 43"
(the ultimate silly-drug song.. parodies practically everything in sight
including "Cocaine Blues" & "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds", complete with
"Kids Don't Try this at home" warning)

From http://www.abc.net.au/rn/music/planet/pl97/pl9710/pl971013.htm

Fra : Xylofonius

Dato : 24-01-02 22:56

You can find it at www.audiogalaxy.com

--
Best regards / Mes meilleures amitiés / Med venlig hilsen
Andreas Kryger Jensen