Communicating with a half-life server via ~
Fra : Jacob Saaby Nielsen

Dato : 20-01-02 17:46

Hey all,

I've got this idea for an application, and I need to be able to
communicate with a half-life server.

Does anyone have ANY info on how to do this ? I've made a basic
application, that simply starts up communication with the half-life
server.

I can see the server sends back "ÿÿÿÿGET wonid". However, I don't know
how to send it my wonid !

So, if you've got any information at all on this subject, please help me
out =)

You're welcome to mail me the info if you like !

Jacob

Fra : j@m3s.co.uk

Dato : 21-01-02 00:19

Have you tried the official SDK (70meg) ? It has details on the server
protocol.

Fra : Jacob Saaby Nielsen

Dato : 21-01-02 21:05

In article <1011568707.669280@ananke.eclipse.net.uk>, j@m3s.co.uk
says...
> Have you tried the official SDK (70meg) ? It has details on the server
> protocol.

Yup... only problem is: It's for C++, and I don't know that language

Jacob

Fra : Albert Gouws

Dato : 22-01-02 08:40

hmm.. what language do you know???

Fra : Jacob Saaby Nielsen

Dato : 26-01-02 02:13

In article <qG838.1487$Lv.197600@news.xtra.co.nz>,
albert_gouws@hotmail.com says...
> hmm.. what language do you know???
>

> "Jacob Saaby Nielsen" <jay@remove-this.kode-fu.net> wrote in message
> > In article <1011568707.669280@ananke.eclipse.net.uk>, j@m3s.co.uk
> > says...
> > > Have you tried the official SDK (70meg) ? It has details on the server
> > > protocol.
> >
> > Yup... only problem is: It's for C++, and I don't know that language
> >
> > Jacob

Either VB6 or VB.NET will do it for me. I'm looking for what commands
you send, and what results you get back. And, if possible, which formats
the results are. But I can live without those if I have to.

I've found out that I can communicate via UDP. I can send a challenge
rcon command, and I get back a session ID.

However, it would be nice to have some sort of documentation on what I
*can* send, what I *must* send, and so forth.

Jacob

Fra : Kim Pedersen

Dato : 09-02-02 17:47

Hi Jacob

> However, it would be nice to have some sort
> of documentation on what I *can* send, what
> I *must* send, and so forth.

Tjeck out the HL server sdk. It mentions all the commands you can send
to the server and what data you get back. The link is:
http://0x00.org/random/Halflife/SDK/Server%20Info/ .. Just download the
txt file.

Venlig hilsen/Best regards
Kim Pedersen, vbCode Magician