How do I save just data from an Access vba~
Fra : Joe Duncan

Dato : 27-12-01 20:34

I have a vba application in Access that tracks patient medication dosage
information and I need to be able to save the data only with out the
application to a floppy diskette for backup and for transfering the files to
another computer (the Application is 9 Mb the data is less than 200 kb). I
am concidering writing my own code to open the tables for selected patients
then writing the data to a comma delimited text file.

But, doesn't Access provide some sort of a way to do this with out my having
to write my own code? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Fra : Carsten Suurland

Dato : 28-12-01 12:00

Hi Joe

I believe that you can do just that using a macro... (as an alternative to
VBA)
There are several commands that you can use, to export the results from a
table or query to an external file e.g. CSV or Excel.

I can't remember the exact commandname, but it should be fairly easy to
find, as there are only so many macrocommands to choose from.

Regards
Carsten Suurland

Fra : Mikkel Bundgaard

Dato : 28-12-01 12:12

"Joe Duncan" <duncanj@qwest.net> wrote in message
> I have a vba application in Access that tracks patient medication
> dosage information and I need to be able to save the data only
> without the application to a floppy diskette for backup and for
> transfering the files to another computer (the Application is 9 Mb
> the data is less than 200 kb). I am concidering writing my own
> code to open the tables for selected patients then writing the data
> to a comma delimited text file.
>
> But, doesn't Access provide some sort of a way to do this with
> out my having to write my own code? Any help is greatly
> appreciated.
Hi Joe

The method TransferText can be used to export a table or query
to a comma delimited text file. TransferText corresponds to
choosing the export guide in the File-menu.

Public Sub exportTableAsText(strTable As String, _
strPath As String, bolHasFieldName As Boolean)

DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, , strTable, strPath _
, bolHasFieldName
End Sub

--
Mikkel Bundgaard